New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hello everyone!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Default hello everyone!

Hey there! My g/f and I just acquired a '96 Civic EX from her family (a free car is a great car ) and I have a question or two. But first, about the car. The Civic is an auto 4-door with 125K miles on it. It's been decently taken care of, not the best, but it does run great. I'll be looking to give it a good tune up, and maybe an intake system. It's going to be an occasional driver for us. Right now it has a hole in the exhaust, so it's loud. Way too loud for driving around town. I wouldn't mind putting on some kind of aftermarket system, as long as it is not loud. I do not want to be heard blocks away like many Civics in town[:@]. Could anyone recommend a decent exhaust system or just a muffler? I'm not sure where the hole is at this point, maybe it could just be welded over or something.
How about intakes? I see cheapies on ebay all over the place. Anyone ever use these systems? If anyone could point me to a great site that has tune-up items and such, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Old 02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Default RE: hello everyone!

hopin someone might have some suggestions for me!

Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Hey, sorry nobody welcomed you the other day. We're usually pretty friendly.

Take a look around the Intake/Header/Exhaust section of the forum. Your questions have been answered there many times, just do a little searching!

Old 02-18-2006, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

WRX with a apex cat-back? you already no a little..i would check out where the hole is and how much you want to spend, if its a little hole mabey just get it welded over? if not there are some threads like MXS sead in the exhust section about getting quiet exhust that will improve performance as well

Old 02-19-2006, 01:51 AM
NTX
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: MDCivic

How about intakes? I see cheapies on ebay all over the place. Anyone ever use these systems?
it's better to spend a bit more and quality parts. cheap ebay parts are cheap for a reason.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the site. I got a greddy and I love mine.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

Im willing to bet that the hole you are talking abouit is right at the weld connecting to the back of the muffler. You can even be as simple as but putting a muffler on too keep it quiet.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

You could also check out the product review section for your year, there are plenty of exhaust reviews there.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

WRX with a apex cat-back? you already no a little..i would check out where the hole is and how much you want to spend, if its a little hole mabey just get it welded over? if not there are some threads like MXS sead in the exhust section about getting quiet exhust that will improve performance as well
Yeah I opted for the Apexi World Sport b/c it is quiet. Even with the catless downpipe it's still quiet, nice and deep! Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I appreciate it! I'll prob end up getting one of those ebay intakes and maybe an exhaust, it depends on where the leak is. I'll know tomorrow when I take it in for an oil change!

Thanks again and anyone in the MD area?

Old 02-21-2006, 06:04 PM

welcome to the forum if its just going to be an acasional driver then i would mod it at all... it will be cheaper to have the hole fixed at a muffler shop.