New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello from GZ motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Default Hello from GZ motorsports

Hi,
My name is Bill, I work for GZ motorsports. We are thinking about developing a Vacuum pump kit for Hondas. The problem is, we are not sure about what combinations are the most popular. Any input on what body with what motor we should start with will be greatly appreciated. We will be purchasing a car to use for development, so we need to get the most popular combination, and proceed from there! [link removed by staff] Thanks, Bill, GZMS

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 08-08-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Be careful not to seem as if you are advertising as IB (company who owns this forum) may jump in.

Regardless, I have never heard of a vacuum pump before on our cars. I am pretty knowledgeable about Civics, but I have never heard of this one yet.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:22 AM

We definately are not advertising at this point. We need to see if there is interest, and develop a bolt-on kit to get you guys some cheap horsepower! Then, we will advertise when we have something to sell!
Just looking for advise and suggestions right now.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 AM

I had to remove the link per forum rules, but I am curious.

It all depends on which group of Honda drivers you want to market to. There are the older D series and B series engines that many use for 88-00 Civics. There are also H series engines that people swap into Civics from Preludes, as well as K series from other newer Hondas. There are also the R series engines in the newer Hondas.

If you want to market to the group that modifies the 88-00 single cam Civics, look into picking up a 92-95 Civic EX, either a coupe or hatch (as those are the most popular 5th generation body styles). Those will have the D16z6 SOHC vtec engines. You might also look into a 96-00 Civic EX, which has the D16y8 SOHC vtec engine. Same as before, coupe or hatchback, though some people do modify sedans.

If you come across a 99-00 Civic Si, this will have the B16a2 engine. That would give you a B-series platform to look at. More common swaps are from Integras, though. B-series swaps are very common and very popular. Lots of people like the B18b1 and B18c3 engines from the Integra LS and Integra GSR. Easy swap, much more power capacity.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know! I'll keep you posted about any progress we make.
Bill GZMS