New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello HCF

Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Hello HCF

Hello,

I've been looking at joining this site for a while, and I guess I just decided to pull the trigger today.

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I love it. It's Vogue Silver, with a 5 Speed Manual. It's in Mint, Bone Stock Condition. I've had it for about a year now. It has around 87,000 on it. I plan to do some mods (inexpensive ones) may I add. So far I have only added a stainless steel exhaust tip to the stock exhaust just to dress it up. It was a cheap mod, but it looks good. I am also thinking about adding a Red Powder Coated Valve Cover and a shock tower brace, but I don't know when that'll happen.

Well, That's all I can say about it other than I love it to death.

I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Last edited by TheStig; 02-28-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum, we got the same car , I'm glad we got another vogue silver EX join, hope to see you around. What type of inexpensive mods are you gonna do? I'm also in the same boat as you are lol

Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

Thanks m@nny.

I plan to put a Red Valve Cover on and perhaps a Shock tower bar. Right now I'm looking for an Si shift ****, but all the junkyards are always harvested of them. Later, maybe, just maybe, I'll put a leather interior in. Did the 2000 Civics ever come with leather?

TheStig

Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

hmm that's a good question, i dont think so though. btw can u post pics of your ride?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

Perhaps at a later time. I don't really have any pictures of it right off hand, and I'd probably have to make a flickr or photobucket account. I'll let you know though when I do post pics.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF bro, i have a vogue metallic silver civic as well mines is a 99 hx though. you'll be lucky to even find a 6th gen at the junk yard thats not harvested yet. i don't believe 6th gen came with leather interior. painting the valve cover red yourself can save you a bit of money, some maybe less than $20 in paint and materials

lets see some pics when you get a chance to take them, get photobucket its free and easy to use they also resize your pics. flickr is good as well but a little more work to post the pics up the good thing is you can post up the picture in its original size.

stay on the forum and you'll gain lots of knowledge on your civic and maybe you can contribute what you know as well.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM

^+1, no factory leather Civic seats. Yet I have them... heh.

Swap in leather sears from a 94-01 Acura Integra. All you have to do is swap out the inner seat rails. It's 3 bolts. SIMPLE.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

Wow, really? I was just looking at the leather in an Integra, and they are nice enough. What mods would have to be done to get the rear seats too? If I can find them in nice condition in a junkyard, I will definitely take them.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

So how much Top Gear do you watch

And isn't the Si **** a Skunk2 ****?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:36 PM

I honestly have no idea about the rear seats on a 2 door. Mine is a 4 door and I had to do some serious cutting. Is the 2 door a split seat? And does the 2 door Integra have a split rear seat? The civic sedan has a 33/66 split while some of the Integra seats were 50/50 splits. I got a rear seat that wasn't split so I had to use a sawzall to cut the center hinge off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello HCF