New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Default Hey!

Hey everyone,

I just recently acquired a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch, red with black interior, very nice shape for the year, no rust, 2 dents and 82k original miles. I found it through a friend who said he knew of an old honda car sitting in a garage. Turned out to be a 90 civic, owned by an elderly women who quit driving in 2002 and parked the car in the garage. She is the original owner. Talked to her about it and she told me if I could get it out of her garage that night, I could have it. Free and clear title, bill of sale, and in my garage ?Has nice tires, interior is just about perfect, exterior is still shiny but has 2 large dents and a broken taillight (taillight was my fault).

Stared working on her, but I am unable to get it started. Drained the fuel tank, fresh gas, no go. Narrowed it down to a bad coil, so when I get a chance to get back to town, I will pick up a coil.

I am still unsure if the car is a 4 or 5 speed (Manual), some information on the web says that if it was an american car it is a 4 speed, but if it is canadian, it is a 5 speed. There is a tag under the hood that says "Canadian motor corp" or something along those lines, but when i run through the gears, i can only get it in 4. I haven't gotten it running yet to test it, but when I do Im sure I will figure it out.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying my civic.
Thanks!
Ryan