New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey I'm a female new to this site & I need opinion for my 99 civic; HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Default Hey I'm a female new to this site & I need opinion for my 99 civic; HELP

Its an automatic & I was wondering if it would be ugly to make it look JDM.. it already has a $600 exhaust.. should I add a body kit ; what else Can i do to make it look good

Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 AM

Please, just do some research. Google is best. Everything you need to know is out there.

If you like the body kits, go for it. Many members on forums at least do like body kits though. What makes it look "good" is all a matter of opinion.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 AM

This forum is for the most part anti-body kit. The JDM car scene here was destroyed by the Fast and the Furious franchise, plus sites like ebay are now flooded with a bunch of cheap knockoff junk that is labeled "JDM" so it's really not a good idea to buy any of those parts.

If you want the car to look different, decide how you want it to be different. Do you want it to be clean, or do you want it to really stand out and attract attention? A lip kit and some tint goes a long way but the downside is that everyone has them.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 AM

I know -__- It sucks that everyone has em.. So far all i have is the exhaust.. the car is all black w. blue lights.. I am getting my windows a lil bit tinted. Im adding si rims & im considering putting the lip kit.. Thanks for ur idea tho ^.^

Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mz.martinez36
I know -__- It sucks that everyone has em.. So far all i have is the exhaust.. the car is all black w. blue lights.. I am getting my windows a lil bit tinted. Im adding si rims & im considering putting the lip kit.. Thanks for ur idea tho ^.^
don't forget to put a very good alarm and some type of kill switch so thiefs wont get your car....
and the way you fix your car should really matter what u like and into if you see my pics ive always kept my car looking some what simple but clean check it out if you need anymore help you could mssg me and i can show you some pretty kewl stuff...

Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Default hey!

I'm female and new to this site too I made my honda look nice just by fixing it up and cleaning it and adding details like a license plate holder, decal, steering wheel cover, etc. If your rims are old have them shinned up too, made a world of difference! Also get the headlights buffed if they are yellow. I'm going to wax my car soon too. Anyway enjoy your car!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 AM

Awh thanks u too stephanie ! ^__^ yeah i already cleaned it but im def changn my rims to si rims. I cleaned it inside n out yesterday n it rlly does make a difference haha. Im thinkin of makin the H letter for the honda outside my car Hot Pink since the car is all black

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

No body kit and no JDM look. Go to Japan if you're into that ricer junk. Haha.

Last edited by HaulinAzz; 10-21-2012 at 06:30 AM.