HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   Hey You! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/hey-you-19840/)

Remmy 04-06-2006 12:39 AM

Hey You!

You! Yea, you! The one who lurks around here and doesnt register! You should join! You can enter your car in Ride Of the Month and be looked on by everyone on the front page. You could also win other things like sponsor giveaways. Ask questions and get answers within hours and in most cases... minutes!!!

What!? You dont have a Civic? Who cares!? This is a car community, not your average Nazi Civic joint. REGISTER NOW or you will be hunted down! And post pics while your at it. Everybody is eager to see your ride and hear about it, Honda or not.

I look forward to seeing you on the forum!

my_hidden_romance 04-06-2006 01:13 AM

RE: Hey You!

[sm=hail.gif]hail remmy![sm=hail.gif]

Forty04 04-06-2006 07:16 AM

that'a boy remmy!

Remmy 04-06-2006 11:35 PM

Thanks. Im just tired of seeing all the traffic like attached and no one signing up. Id like to see more new members to stop by and say hi and see what they have to offer wether they know more than Marco Polo or not.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1537/1EBDE4AAB2F94B29B0494636275ACDA8.jpg[/IMG]

Pete 04-07-2006 12:37 AM

I hear ya,

silverbullet 04-07-2006 03:15 AM

Isn't there any way that you can make it so they can view some stuff but when they go to other sections it would require them to login? That might help.

Roost3r 04-07-2006 03:35 AM

yes, you can set up forums to be like that. however, i think in the end, we would rather just have people not bother with signing up if they just need some info real fast. then, when they keep coming back more and more, they will finally take time to register when they know this is the cool place to be. When creating a web site, its best to no have user road blocks. it frustrates people, and realistically destroys any interest in the site.

however that was a good thought. ;)

silverbullet 04-07-2006 04:40 PM

Well having 1000+ people on here at any one time and the bulk of them being guests it would make sense to have them register thus separating the lurkers from people that are actually interested in contributing to the forum.

Remmy 04-07-2006 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: LORDofdaRINGS

yes, you can set up forums to be like that. however, i think in the end, we would rather just have people not bother with signing up if they just need some info real fast. then, when they keep coming back more and more, they will finally take time to register when they know this is the cool place to be. When creating a web site, its best to no have user road blocks. it frustrates people, and realistically destroys any interest in the site.

however that was a good thought. ;)
LOTR has a very good and a very true point. That is why none of the topics/sections are blocked. And it really does frusterate users and can and will become a huge deter. However, this post I have made is strictly for encouragment. At least 1 of 2 people have exerienced a site like that and can vouch that it sucks and has detered them to join. Why would you blindly join something unless you find that it offers some use or value? I myself wouldnt.

banana_sunshine 04-13-2006 07:27 AM

Well luk it,

I joined dont wanna just be a tourist!!!![:@]

Hope this makes u smile:D

(oh and I own a civic) VROOOM!!!!

kissez

B xxxx