New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hi

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Default hi

hey forum, just wrecked my tC and found this piece of work,02 civic si hatchback,$9K, 80k miles, aftermarket wheels, however, i know nothing about civics, and will do anything to learn how to make this thing fast, so any suggestions on how to get it up to par
thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/27538/C82558F289DB4AE0BD714FC01A478E93.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: hi

i must say very good choice id say its an up grade if you use the search feature at the top you can find just about any question you can think of

Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

hello welcome to hcf

Old 12-09-2007, 09:13 PM

thanks man i appreciate it, is that a clear hood??
thats sweet looking

Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

i'd pick it up totally if i was you, a newer SI with a K in it, wheels already and $9K, i'd do it. As soon as i get it, i'd drop it though, that wheel gap is [:'(][:'(][:'(]

and welcome to HCF!

and as for making it faster, if you want a big project and have $2000 or so to spend, turbocharge it. Read all the stickies at the top of the Nitrous, Supercharger, Turbo section. They are very informative and you will learn alot by it. If you just want a fun DD with bolt ons, pick up a nice set of I/H/E (again, more info on that in the stickies of the I/H/E section) and get some suspension mods (springs like i mentioned, shocks if you want, although they are newer shocks and proabbly dont need to be replaced, strut bars, and if you got the extra $$$ some sway bars as well)

Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 PM

thanks again

its like you speakin japanese, but ill find my way around
thanks again
and i totally agree with you on the gap

and i already have it :], no picking up necessary, lol, the guy who sold it to me told me to cut the springs
pff[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

haha I/H/E = intake, header, exhaust, stickies = the topics at the top of each section that always up there, or "stuck" up there. They usually include alot of useful information and answer MOST generic question, such as "What headers are avaiable for my car, what are some good brands, which brands are loudest/quietest, and what gains will i expect? The Nitrous/SuperCharge/Turbo stickies are a bit more insightful though, you'll see DD = daily driver, bolt ons = I/H/E, maybe throttle body (TB) or intake manifold (IM) too. Strut bars bolt between your front and rear strut towers, and they stiffen your chassis and make your handling better. Sway bars so the same thing, except they bolt underneath your car and stiffen the chassis even better than strut bars. And when i say it has a "K in it", i mean the engine it has is that of a K series, specifically a K20a3 (i think?) Better?

Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM

that helps alot lol
the first thing i really wanna do to it is performance headers, exhaust, and a turbo somewhere around $1500, my tC was supercharged, i miss that whine alot, so i gotta get somethin that makes a nice sound lol

Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

btw K series engines are some of the best and no its not a clear hood its photo shoped so you can see my engine

Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Dean[02sihatch]

that helps alot lol
the first thing i really wanna do to it is performance headers, exhaust, and a turbo somewhere around $1500, my tC was supercharged, i miss that whine alot, so i gotta get somethin that makes a nice sound lol
think about this: intake get replaced by charge piping/custom filter. Header is replaced by turbo manifold. Exhaust for a bolt on Civic is much smaller than that of a F/I Civic, so it will have to be replaced once your boosted. Save the money for the I/H/E for the turbo components instead of wasting your money on the I/H/E, which will be removed once your boosted anyway