New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Default Help me out please

Hey my name is Adam and I guess that I am a potential Honda Civic Buyer. Ive never owned a Honda or any car for that matter so I am hoping that this deal and car goes well. I wanted to know if you guys think that I should buy this car. I didnt get to drive it because Im not 18 yet, 20 more days, but my cousin drove it out and he enjoyed it alot. Heres the website where they are selling the car. click here
What do you guys think of it? I know it isnt meant for speed because it is an automatic but, that doesnt really matter to me. Im basically buying it for looks and college.
I have one more question, excuse my rambling I'm just nervous about buying a car; Do you guys think that I should get the extended Bumper too Bumper warranty it costs about a grand extra. Money out of my pocket.

Well thanks for your time. Im supposed to be going to check my Dads creadit in 5 hours so any responses would be appreciated. Peace.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Default RE: Help me out please

Hi Adam and welcome:
As for buying a Honda don't ever think twice, it is a great car with great performance so never doubt.
But i have a few qestions for you, did you already buy the car or not?I think if you are paying 12K for a used car with 37 Miles on it why dont you pay a grand extra and get yourself a brand new car.
I have bought my 04 not too long a go, and I got a great deal, i bargained with the dealer for 2 hours, but I got it less than the invoce price not the MSRP even.
As for the exteneded warranty that all depends on your driving habits, if you are gonna travel a lot I would reccomend it. but if you are gonna use the car locally don't spend your money (get the 04 for the extra grand).
Anyway good luck whith whatever you do.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:47 AM

Thanks for your reply man I appreciate it. Im nervous as hell and completely stressed out about buying a car. Ill go check out some 2004 models I guess but I think all in all with taxes they are like 16 or 15 grand. I dont know man.

How much did you pay for your Honda?

Old 07-26-2004, 11:55 AM

The most important thing when buying a car is to take it as easy as possible, don't let the frustration get over you, it is a stressing thing i know and feel that you have to get over it as soon as possible, but know that you don't buy a car every other weekened (if you don't take your time you might).
I would buy a civic VP brand new rather than gettinga used EX, but that is just my opinion, you might gonna end up paying a lil bit more but remember that it is a car not a stereo or a camera.
Take your time, calculate your budgett, and remember that you can always buy a car, anytime but it all comes to the final price. there is no such thing as one and only deal, trust me I have changed 3 cars within a year, untill i finally got my civic. good luck to you.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM

Thanks.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
NTX
HCF Member

I wanted to know if you guys think that I should buy this car.
Its a civic [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-26-2004, 10:02 PM

Thanks for the replys. I bought the Honda. Its a great Car. However, I did not notice until I left that the freaking dealer ripped us off 2 or 3 Grand. So I paid alot more than I should have and now, I believe, there is nothing that I can do about it. This sucks ***. Love the car hate the rip off.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:05 PM

darn man sucks on the rip....but congrats on the car

Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 PM

Dealers are as*holes no matter how much they appear too be good people or give you a deal.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:34 PM

aint that the truth they wanted like 1500 plus a dealer fee and taxes for my 91 it would have came to like 2700 for a 91 hatch with 200,00 + mi on it and a tore up interior...to top it off the didnt even service it...i left and they called me just before i got home and they were like ok we will subtract the dealer fee fromt he price...well by the end of the deal i ended up payin like 1200 still....and i had to replace the seats right off the bat and it had no radio ugh...i probably could have found one cheaper but i jumped into it

Quick Reply: Help me out please