New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi everybody! Will you help me please?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Default RE: Hi everybody! Will you help me please?

Oh my… Cyphen – is he okay? That sounds awful!

How young do kids start riding these? I can’t imagine they would allow anybody younger than 18 if they’re that dangerous! Of course I’m sure it depends on the rider and how fast you’re going, and they probably have training, but on the other hand I’d worry about a lot of teenagers trying to push the limit.

I’d really like to hear if anybody else knows something about this… I think I’m going to have to ask around a little more, definitely. Yikes!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

1 50??? kids as early as 6 years old can ride! =-D i see people with the whole family go out most of the times i see kids on Little 50cc bikes sometimes i see em on very small quads but iv i was a dad i wouldent let my kid ride a quad im 21 years old, thisbranch thing happenedwhen i was 20 iv been riding sense i was 7 year old got my first supercross bike at like 14???? My dad just bought me like a little hoopter 80cc dirtbike to startdid like eh... 30-40 mph MAX none the less i wont lie i ate **** good a couple times but i learned how to control the bike and not let bike control me but yeah none the less me and my bestfriend still ride( the one who got the branch)

Old 08-24-2007, 03:40 PM

For you I highly suggest the Odyssey. Much better for a family. And with that size van, with the child in the back seat in a good safety chair, much safer then any Acura or Honda CAR. IMHO. I have had Honda's and Acura's and read alot on safety. My cousin has the Odyssey and TOTALLY loves it. If I was to have a family vehicle, it would be the Honda Odyssey.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

1 50??? kids as early as 6 years old can ride! =-D i see people with the whole family go out most of the times i see kids on Little 50cc bikes sometimes i see em on very small quads but iv i was a dad i wouldent let my kid ride a quad im 21 years old, this branch thing happened when i was 20 iv been riding sense i was 7 year old got my first supercross bike at like 14???? My dad just bought me like a little hoopter 80cc dirt bike to start did like eh... 30-40 mph MAX none the less i wont lie i ate **** good a couple times but i learned how to control the bike and not let bike control me but yeah none the less me and my bestfriend still ride( the one who got the branch)
Six years old? That's amazing. I can't imagine Katie riding a dirtbike when she turns six... though thankfully I don't think she'll want to. But was this a big bike, or do they make bikes that go 30-40 mph in kid sizes? That seems like it would be really irresponsible. 20 mph would, for that matter. Or were you 14 when you got the bike? That still seems a little young.

P.S. Thanks JD, it really does sound like the Odyssey is the right choice!