New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi, new civic enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Default Hi, new civic enthusiasts

Hi. My name is neil and I live in louisville Kentucky. I found a good deal on a 02 civic coupe for 1,500 a few weeks ago. It started out as a cheap car for my son when he goes off to college. The engine has just over 240k miles. The good, timing belt was replaced 50k miles ago. Clutch was replaced 2 years ago, and the previous owner appeared to have done regular maintenance. The ugly, sinse ownership I have put on new tires, 17 inch black racing rims, back breaks, o2 senser, new computer plus programing. Valve cover gaskets, plugs, 2 front struts, and it still needs 2 cv assemblies. 36.00 each at rockauto and my mechanic will install 50 each. Other than that, it needs a new window cleaning fluid motor and a small gasket which is leaking. After she is mechanically sound I will personalize with new honda matts, seat covers, new sound system a front bra and a black spoiler. The car is silver and black. The bad, since I have been getting this car road worthy I have aquired some passion for it. The engine vtec is lively, the stick shift is smooth, and it handles really good. I have decided to give my son our 05 dodge stratus and I'm keeping the civic. Now, my wife wants me to sell the civic. So, I'll post an add on Craigslist for 5k knowing no one will pay that high and just keep driving it. Awesome little car, rediculous gas sipper.