New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi There! New to the Forum!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Default Hi There! New to the Forum!

Hi there,
Don't let the name confuse you, I drive a Honda.. LoL
Just an OLD screen name that has stuck with me for quite a few years.

I'm Justin, live in Northern Ohio, race every chance I can get at Norwalk Raceway, work on my Mothers drag car with my Father every chance I get to go over and visit them!

I have a 1994 Civic Coupe EJ1, with a B18A1 engine and transmission swap. Konig fully adjustable coilovers, mugen short throw shifter, Greddy EVO exhaust, Stock Manifold to head pipe, running thru 2.5" piping all the way back.

I have included a few pictures of whats been going on with the EJ1 within the past week or so. Any questions or anything, feel free to ask!
-Justin

EDIT: Keep in mind that the "finished" product photos are not so finished, still in need of clear coat, but haven't decided if I want to keep it red or not!

Last edited by TalonMan; 07-14-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:02 AM

I was gonna say... "get that junk DSM outta heeeeerrrrrreeee!!!!!!" lol I'm just joking though.

Welcome to HCF. Any future plans for the Civic? My my my... those are some pretty big wheels. Any rubbing issues? How's the ride quality? Not a huge fan of the mirrors, but you have a clean EG there.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

Make sure you blur your license plate!!!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:25 AM

No rubbing issues at all actually! 215/35ZR18's..

Luckily enough they clear with NO problem. The mirrors on the other hand, were unfortunately on the car before I purchased it..

Future plans include a possible LS/VTEC swap or just a small turbo kit. I'm not too sure yet. Kinda new to the car, just purchased about a month ago.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Welcome to the forum! Car is looking good. Pretty big wheels though. Are you sure they do not rub. Holy cow.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

Lol besides the mirrors and wheels awesome looking car man, I like.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kfock05
Welcome to the forum! Car is looking good. Pretty big wheels though. Are you sure they do not rub. Holy cow.
Absolutely positive they don't rub.. LoL

For now tho, I have put the factory wheels on it..(As of 3:00pm Eastern Time) For a nice event at Mid-Ohio raceway.. All Honda event. Gotta love Auto-Cross!

The wheels came with the car also. Little heavy and big for my liking.. But hey, maybe I can run across someone with some smaller/lighter wheels willing to trade! IDK! We'll see! Thanks for the positive feedback!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

nike you said man lol. Love it. Lol. I was suppose to go to that honda event. (i live in ohio also)

Old 07-14-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by TalonMan
No rubbing issues at all actually! 215/35ZR18's..
That's awesome. I'm dropped about 2.5 inches with stock steelies and front passenger rubs when I turn the wheel all the way left when driving up a hill, and my rear driver tire rubs when I take right turns a little too quick. I don't have enough camber in the back, and I need to roll my fenders in the front. Are your fenders rolled?

As for performance upgrades, I say go turbo.

Ninja edit - I like how the one grounding wire is just chillin by the header hangin out.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:15 PM

Needs smaller wheels for sure.

Other than that, pretty cool.

Welcome to HCF

Quick Reply: Hi There! New to the Forum!