New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

holla new here, I am a total noob when it come to my civic plz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Default holla new here, I am a total noob when it come to my civic plz help

ok so my dad handed me a 98 civic dx about 2 month ago and sadly its an automatic. I just dont know if i can turn my automatic dx in to somthing that i can race in, i mean i dont even have a RPM meter on my dash board. I have been reading around and frankly I get very confuse with lots of stuff. I would just like to know if I can some how turn my car to perform better. I am welling to probly put in about $2000 in to the car. plz help me!! thx

Old 09-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Default RE: holla new here, I am a total noob when it come to my civic plz help

Are you mechanically inclined? If so, I vote for a auto to manuel conversion.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

Are you mechanically inclined? If so, I vote for a auto to manuel conversion.
definitely, that will be your first step to a better ride. You can work on an automatic car, in fact theres a few around here that are pretty quick, but its highly recommended that you look into trying to make it a stick. Its a lot more fun, and gives you more control over exactly what your car does. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

I would have to agree although I bought an automatic and since it's a 2005, I will not be putting in a manual transmission. Anyway, the auto tranny doesn't shift whenever I want it to shift and it kind of gets annoying when trying to speed. It's not broken or anything, it's just that's the way it is.

I'm seriosly thinking about buying another one but with manual transmission and leave the auto to the wife.

Oh, Welcome to HCF!

Old 09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Jas

i dont understand what the big hoopla about a manual tranny is anyways.
sure, you have more control of the car.. but so what.
i had a manual '95 ex coupe, and now i have an auto '95 ex coupe.
of course the manual was faster and more fun to drive..
but i like my auto too..
maybe its because i'm lazy.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Jas

ORIGINAL: Ray012874

I would have to agree although I bought an automatic and since it's a 2005, I will not be putting in a manual transmission. Anyway, the auto tranny doesn't shift whenever I want it to shift and it kind of gets annoying when trying to speed. It's not broken or anything, it's just that's the way it is.

I'm seriosly thinking about buying another one but with manual transmission and leave the auto to the wife.

Oh, Welcome to HCF!
i can definitely relate to that..
but its just so convenient to have an auto.
i've basically come to the conclusion that i'm just lazy.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Jas

Oh, Welcome to HCF!
To be honest, I didn't think a civic would be that much fun to drive. I have fun driving the auto but I'm thinking if the auto is so much fun to drive, imagine a stick. I live in NY so I'm cool with it cause we have a lot of stop and go traffic.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:21 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum..yes auto is better in some cercomstances, but i agree that its fun with a standerd, when i had a auto i keeped trying to pretend it was a manual, just love that feel of shifting, but in stop and go traffic (which im barly never in) ,cant beat a auto

Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 09-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Jas

ORIGINAL: Jas

Oh, Welcome to HCF!
To be honest, I didn't think a civic would be that much fun to drive. I have fun driving the auto but I'm thinking if the auto is so much fun to drive, imagine a stick. I live in NY so I'm cool with it cause we have a lot of stop and go traffic.
i hate stop and go traffic.
that's the main reason i got rid of my 5spd and bought an auto.
i was just sick and tired of driving it..
sometimes i miss my 5spd, but i realized that an auto is a lot more resonable for the type of driving i do.

Quick Reply: holla new here, I am a total noob when it come to my civic plz help