New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I might be a new Civic owner?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Default I might be a new Civic owner?!

Well.......I would like to first introduce myself. My name is Ben and I currently live in Hawaii. I'am also currently driving a Lexus IS350 and might need to get rid of it due to the current status of our economy. Well.....I always liked the look of the new civics especially when the Mugen version came out. So I was considering the 2009 civic Si sedans. I know you can't compare apples to oranges, but will it be worth trading for?! I did hear from people that parts are cheaper and easier to find for Honda's. Is it true?! Just asking for some advice......and maybe people to help me push to get one.

~Thanks in advance!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF, if you feel that the lexus is too much to handle in this economy, i think the new civic si's is a great choice. It probably is cheaper but i dont think there is a wide selection of aftermarket parts out there for the newer model civics

Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Welcome to the forum! Personally, I'd say trade the Lexus. The new Si has a decent engine in it, not to mention it gets great gas mileage. Also, the aftermarket for the 8th gen civics isn't the best yet. However, the '09 Si has a K-series engine, and there are plenty of bolt-ons out there for the '09s, as well as a Hondata ECU (and I'm sure other companies have ECUs out for them). I don't know about the new Si's, but the Acura RSX type-S had an engine almost identical to the new Si, and they see noticeable gains with an intake, race header, cat-back exhaust, and a dyno tune.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Well.....I've had the same problem with my IS. No wide variety of aftermarket parts, but exhaust and intake. I'll also be doing my shopping soon so I just wanted to make sure I was making a right buy. I was also considering a Carolla(they are nice, but too much ppl that I know own one), vw gti(I had one before, but parts got too expensive and the constant maintenance was killing me) and the s2k(obviously it would be a little to expensive and I need the back seats).

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by xS1mpLeSTxoNex; 09-12-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Trust me, as long as it's a civic, there will be a huge aftermarket for it. You just have to give it time. I'm fairly sure there's a few turbo kits out for it by now, a variety of ground effects, suspension parts, and bolt-ons. Don't quote me on this, but being a k20z3 (a direct descendant of the RSX-S engine), I would think other k20 parts (like internals) will work without a problem in the engine. I'm not sure if something like an RSX header would line up with the civic's exhaust or not.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the info. reaper! Will be definitely looking into a new car within a few couple of days.