New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I need help with my Injen Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:19 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need help with my Injen Intake!

I must say bypass valve dont do anything unless your planning on making a boat.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

I do have an aftermarket catback exhaust on it... but that was after my problem began... I was wondering.. I met a guy with the EX of the same model and year with the same short ram from injen and he doesnt have anything wrong, either. Does the engine size affect it's ability to suck air in? Also, just looking under my hood there is nothing in the way of me seeing the ground... I have a VW Passat, Audi A6 and a couple trucks that are all crammed so close in the engine it is no surprise water doesnt do anything to it... But the intake i have on now literally rests about a foot away from the opening of the wheel well so I am not surprised it is getting really wet when I hit puddles. And in Oregon i might as well be building a freaking Ark! Since my original intake was way in the front right corner of my engine compartment it was pretty concealed... is there any thing made out there that can mimic that same kind of effect?

Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 AM

Do you have any problems with vibration of the exhaust in the rain under the floor panel. I had to take mine to a muffler shop to get it reinforced because it would vibrate when the hot pipes hit the water. It did sound like it was bogging out. Now all I have to worry about is hydro-planing now................................[:-]

Old 04-09-2006, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

Nope, I havent had anything wrong with my exhaust... I am sure it is engine related because i will lose power and the harder i press on the gas, the more it shakes... to make it better all i do is hold the clutch down until i am out of the puddle and then it is back to normal...until the next puddle!

Old 04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Ei8

Since you are in a place that rains 9 months out of the year. I suggest to get rid of your cold air and switch to an short injen intake. You wont have that problem. With a short arm intake, the filter will never get wet....unless you drive thru a river or somethin....

Old 04-14-2006, 11:21 AM

dont they make heat shields for some intakes? im sure that would also help keep water away from the short ram but i cant remember if it was for cold air or short ram but i know they make em. good luck