New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I'm a New Member, Driver, Car Owner Help Me Out! :P

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Default I'm a New Member, Driver, Car Owner Help Me Out! :P

Okay guys, so im 16, just got my license, and am paying off my car, which is a 97 Civic ex. Was wondering on what i should do with it that isnt expensive. Ive already decided full exhaust is first. idk much more after that maybe coilovers and such. i live in tennessee so if ya live close holler at me. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2390910 go there and look at that stuff, pm me on here if u can help me out. it will be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Default RE: I'm a New Member, Driver, Car Owner Help Me Out! :P

Welp, first things first. Make a plan of attack, what's more important to you? Speed, comfort, looks, control?

Most common method is wheels/tires/drop and then other things. They don't even have to be aftermarket wheels, a nice set of Si's, del sol fat fives, or GSR blades will suit you nicely for a mild price. Right now I have H&R Sports that I paid $175 for, car was lowered nicely and still safely with a great ride. Adjustable Coilovers have the added benefit of "slammed on the weekends, stock on the weekdays" look. However, coilovers may require struts.

Personally, I went and found myself a used supercharger, did a ton of research, and put it on my car. Same as yours, and I just turned 18 too.

If you want to be comfortable, put that money into nice seats, and a warm and fuzzy interior that you like. If you're going for looks... well... of course that depends on your taste, but bodywork is by far the most expensive part of modding cars. If you're looking at speed, you might want to look into a swap or research and piece together your own turbo kit. If you like control, put that money into some good shocks, coilovers, swaybars, etc.

The whole point of modding cars is to have fun. You won't have much fun if you cheap out on parts and they fall apart on you, so have patience, wait, and save your money until you can buy the parts that you really want.

Just some basic guidelines to work with. Have fun and good luck!