New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Introduce mah self

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 AM

Excellent! By dash I meant the cluster and head unit sorry for that mix up. As for researching trust me I will research it throughly before doing the slightest thing. I'll also look into getting those bushings you mentioned. Oh and in reference to an earlier message I'm not looking into getting any body kits, and the rims I am looking into getting are 15". They will be green which is a reference to a longboarding joke and to my username. Plus it'll look different which is what I want. I'll have pics up asap

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Ah the car my neighbors were offering is a 97 LX sedan. It needs a new front bumper and new driver side door panels (both driver and passenger). That damage wasn't their fault too which is rough.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ABEC11SpeedMachine
Oh and in reference to an earlier message I'm not looking into getting any body kits, and the rims I am looking into getting are 15". They will be green which is a reference to a longboarding joke and to my username. Plus it'll look different which is what I want. I'll have pics up asap
Sounds good to me if thats what you like! I just got done re-wrapping my interior with Thomas the Train print b/c my son loves it and I always wanted some crazy pattern going on. I am sure I will get flack from someone, somewhere for it, but who cares? I can always remove it if I change my mind down the road.

Originally Posted by ABEC11SpeedMachine
Ah the car my neighbors were offering is a 97 LX sedan. It needs a new front bumper and new driver side door panels (both driver and passenger). That damage wasn't their fault too which is rough.
And the car you bought has less miles? The only thing I can see is better the LX is that it is stick, like you mentioned before. But if you had your heart set on a coupe, then the DX coupe you bought was a better choice. I was only really interested to see if it was an EX as they have bigger brakes up front, and a VTEC motor, too. Probably a couple other things, but I can't think of them right off the top of my head.

Looking forward to seeing some progress on the car! Get that Trans swap done!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-07-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:20 PM

The trans swap is priority one right now and I want it done soon. I also didn't have much choice in the car since my parents really wanted me to get a new car. My old one is going to my brother who is gettng his license soon. We also got the DX because it was $500 cheaper from my mom's coworker. Either way I'm just happy to be driving a new car. I think I'll attempt to get pics up of it tomorrow.

I am looking to replace the gauge cluster first once the trans is in just so it looks nice. The bulbs in the current cluster aren't fantastic, but I saw this setup and I just wanna know if it is at least decent. I figured i would do this because it doesn't seem difficult (I looked it up in the DIY section). Plus it's just unplugging then plugging in then some screws. Then I think I'll try and look into the mini me swap.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=1424

Last edited by ABEC11SpeedMachine; 06-07-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:51 PM

It is not a hard thing to do, but I would assume "frowned upon" is a good way to describe it as it usually is deemed as a "ricer" mod. Plain and simple, they aren't for me. But again, do as you please. Check out ebay first, there may be cheaper set-ups.

Here is my current gauge cluster set-up. I am still uneasy about the CF bezel thing I have, but if I change my mind on it, I can just take it out and sell it.

Name:  040210-CFOverlayInstalled.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  86.1 KB

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM

I don't care about the whole "ricey" thing I don't plan on making this car a "ricer." I figure the cluster would be a good call since it's cheap and looks easy enough. It'll at least get my morale up for doing car mods, by myself at least. I'll get the big stuff done professionally since I don't even know if I have the tools to do it. Also nothing to get the car lifted off the ground completely. I do know I can do the head unit by myself since I helped my friend change his. It was an 07 Camry, but there is more to do to take that out in that car anyway.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 AM

It's looking like it will be cheaper to buy a new Civic rather then swap the trans which disappoints me. The only upside is that I found an EX coupe with a manual trans. Makes me sad that I may have to part with this car so soon, but a stick shift is a must. :/