New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Introductions all around

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Tut
Default Introductions all around

Hey all,

I will soon be a new owner of a 2001 Civic LX (91,000) miles and hope to be frequenting this forum quite often. The civic will be my first car and I'd like to make/keep it as nice as possible... I'm a complete Newb when it comes to cars so if you answer questions, please keep in mind that I need as many details as you can tolerate writing down.

As to my Civic, I'll post pictures herein as soon as I bring it home. Right now it has factory everything. So I'll likely be browsing and searching like a mad man once I get around to replacing the campy Cassette player with my own head unit. I also plan to replace the timing belt, wheels, and tires before too long as well. I don't have much money to sink into the thing, but I'd like to think that I can make it passable for around a grand.

Off the tops of your heads, has anyone had issues with their timing belts at 100,000? Also are there any checks/maintenance procedures that I should definitely undertake before putting significant miles on the car?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Default RE: Introductions all around

WELCOME! 100k on original timing belt? i'd get a new just to be safe. whens the last tune up u had(rotor, dist. cap, wires, spark plugs)? thats something that u might want to do if u kno it hasnt been done in a long while.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:01 AM
Tut

The only information i have is that the car has passed it's emissions inspections and never been in an accident... all via Carfax of course. other than that I plan to get at least new tires, hopefully new wheels within the next 4-6 weeks. I'm taking it to the mechanic to have it checked out sometime early this week.

Until I get out my digital this pic is the best I can do.... My new child...

Old 09-24-2006, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Looks good, yeah a full tuneup would be the best thing to do to get the car running its best. And have fun playing around with your new civic.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

yup, tune it...

Welcome