New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

GM guy becomes a civic owner... (feel the power of the dark side)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Default GM guy becomes a civic owner... (feel the power of the dark side)

hi everyone! i just bought my first civic today, a 2000 coupe 5-speed with a couple bowls of rice dumped on it. i think it looks nice though, the car was done tastefully and it won me over a 6-cyl camaro for the same price ($7000) after i drove them both. for some reason, the civic felt a little slower, but a lot more FUN to drive, so that is what got me.

i'm normally a GM guy, i'm not prejudiced against imports or anything (obviously), i just know thier stuff pretty well.

well, now i get to learn everything all over again. after cruising the forum a bit, all this b17a r20det vtec talk confuses me. i guess i could just save myself the headache and put a twin turbo LS-1 in my civic and have the best of both worlds, lol.

anyway, i only drive stick shift cars and i hate fords. peace!

Old 05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Default RE: GM guy becomes a civic owner... (feel the power of the dark side)

Welcome to HCF, and........ May the Force be with you!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 AM

i myself am a GM guy, sort of. i work at a GMC dealership but have never owned a GM vehicle. after the stuff i see i dont want one.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 AM

hmm envy leads to greed and greed leads to hate and hate leads to the darkside, help you i can hmmm.... only LS we have is an acura motor it is....

Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

6-cyl camaro
gross
anyway, i only drive stick shift
Atta boy

Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM

could get better power out of an h22 (Honda prelude 2.2l) or a (k20 Acura RSX 2.0l motor) motor then the LS1 in your civic there

What trim level did you get?

Old 05-23-2005, 02:32 PM

that would be one cramped engine bay, and who knows what tranny you would need, mabie a northstar? and man would that be heavy.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:27 PM

Welcome to the board and post often.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 AM

alright... more good car stuff.

as you can see from the pics, it is an EX model. i think it was a special 3 fast 3 furious trim package, maybe a dealer only option or something. sorry it's so dark outside. damn night.

here is the engine bay. no, my twin turbo LS-1 isn't in there yet. what is in there, however, is the factory d16y8 as far as i can tell. the intake must be part of that 3 fast 3 furious package. on a more serious note, anyone recognize any other aftermarket parts? the fuel rail has a sticker with a barcode on it, i think it might be aftermarket. i don't know about anything else. i think the exhaust is cat-back, BTW, i could barely see it under the car, but it looked a little bigger than what i think it should have been stock.

well, thanks for the welcome everyone. i'm off to learn.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:04 AM

if anyone wants to check out my car, i took a couple of pics during the day and put them <HERE>.

it has no stereo, and the trunk has been gutted. it has a spare tire, but no jack or anything to change it with. not that i could drive on the spare, the car has been lowered and with the ground FX on there, i would be better off driving home on the rim.

still, it's SOO much fun to drive. i like the little kick from the vtec, and i've always loved how lightweight cars handle.

Quick Reply: GM guy becomes a civic owner... (feel the power of the dark side)