New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just registered to the forums

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Default Just registered to the forums

Hi everyone my name is Rodrigo(Rod for short) I dont own a civic yet, actually I dont own any cars yet. I found these forums while I was looking into a civic to buy and figured why not get information and opinions from people who know the car so I decided to join lol. Well the honda civic I must say is one of my favorite cars and I would like to learn how to work on cars and am happy its gonna be the first car I work on. I look foward to talking to everyone on the forums and must say it's good to find a community dedicated to such an awesome car.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Just registered to the forums

Welcome. You did in fact come to the right place. You should be able to find just about anything that you want to know here. The people are great and very helpful. Hope to see your car when you get it.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome, I look foward to getting my new car. Any pointers on what I should be looking for..

Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

it depends on what you want. i would say look for a 99-00 SI with low miles on it. it also depends on how much you want to spend. you could get a cheap 96-98 and drop a different motor in it if you have the funds. just let us know what your looking out of the civic.

i am glad you found hcf, this place is amazing and has loads and loads of information.

welcome to the forums

Old 09-27-2006, 12:39 PM

Um I'm not sure if I should keep posting on this thread, I looked through the forums to see if anything matched this topic but I wasnt sure, just let me know if there's another forum I should be posting this on. Anyway as far as what I'm looking for out of the civic I buy, I definitely want a sedan preferably two door. I saw one at a dealership down the street from my house that intrested me it looked like a 01 EX I believe I'll find out if thats the case cause I was gonna go ask about it. I also will be concentrating more on how the civic handles than how much horsepower it's putting out. I would much rather have a car handling and responding really well then how fast it does 0-60 even though that would be a plus . Again thanks for the welcome guys and I've been reading the forums and I must say lot's of information here and I'm looking forward to working on my new car.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

If you are loooking for power down the road I would stay away form all 7th gen civics (01-05). Like ary said, a 99-00 Si can be a beast, take it from me, ive got one

Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: rocarva

Um I'm not sure if I should keep posting on this thread, I looked through the forums to see if anything matched this topic but I wasnt sure, just let me know if there's another forum I should be posting this on. Anyway as far as what I'm looking for out of the civic I buy, I definitely want a sedan preferably two door. I saw one at a dealership down the street from my house that intrested me it looked like a 01 EX I believe I'll find out if thats the case cause I was gonna go ask about it. I also will be concentrating more on how the civic handles than how much horsepower it's putting out. I would much rather have a car handling and responding really well then how fast it does 0-60 even though that would be a plus . Again thanks for the welcome guys and I've been reading the forums and I must say lot's of information here and I'm looking forward to working on my new car.
you can always upgrade your suspension on any of the hondas. you will just have to get aftermarket parts. it depends on the body style you like and all that jazz. is there anything else your looking for besides handling?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Remmy

If you are loooking for power down the road I would stay away form all 7th gen civics (01-05). Like ary said, a 99-00 Si can be a beast, take it from me, ive got one
Same here, those 99-00 civic si are real nice

Old 09-28-2006, 05:26 AM
HCF Member

i would kill for a 00 si. I just didnt have that much cash when i got my ex

Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

i would kill for a 00 si. I just didnt have that much cash when i got my ex
Same here. I could kick myself for not waiting.

Quick Reply: Just registered to the forums