New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

A little somethin somethin

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Default A little somethin somethin

Sup everyone? My name is Dustin. I have a 2005 Honda Civic Dx/VP 2dr coupe...i have the following mods:
[ol][*]AEM Short Ram intake[*]2.5" straight pipe, cat-back exhaust w/ some cheap can muffler my buddy hooked me up with...sounds sick...so whatev.[*]5" Type R Tach w/shift light[*]Alpine Deck, Alpine 900w amp, and a 10"Alpine type R sub (which freaking hits like a twelve).[*]18" Image rims (gun metal spokes w/chrome lip) wrapped with falken's.[/ol]The rims came with the car and my sound system i took out of my old car...moneys extremely tight for me at the moment...just saving up as much as possible and as quick as possible to do more. Here's a list of things i do wanna do to my civic:
[ol][*]Engine swap (something that can handle a turbo)[*]Down grade rim size to 15's or 16's and get thicker tires, im tired of denting my rims and blowing tires on stupid pot holes.[*]Swap out the nasty light brown interior with straight black, maybe little color accents here and there...Idk what color yet for the accents.[*]lambo door kit[*]swap out front seats with racing seats and get 5 point harness seatbelts.[*]A "tach adapter" so my type r tach can work...it has wires to hook up to a distributor and my car doesnt have one so i need a tach adapter.[*]Some kinda sick body kit, maybe wide body, but i doubt ill ever have the money...doesnt hurt to dream. lol[*]get coil overs, and lower it a bit.[/ol]I would love to hear anybody elses opinions on what else I should do to my civic.
One of my big questions is what kinda engine should i swap into my civic? I want one that comes with a turbo, or one that can handle a turbo. I want this car to fly...the biggest things that i love about turbo cars is the sound it makes, and the bov sound...the reason why i joined this forum is cause i just need some help and ideas on how to make my civic nice. Im all about cars and fixing them up, when i have the money. lol I wanna know where to get the best and cheapest parts out there. I wanna be apart of the honda world and know where to go.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:12 AM
Default RE: A little somethin somethin

don't put lambo doors on. you get a lot of looks, but they are a pain in the ***. More trouble than they are worth.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:13 AM

throw up some pics

Old 06-28-2008, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

sounds like you are building a show car. If I were you I would focus on performance items first (engine/transmission/suspension) then work on appearance. Thats just me though. I'd rather have a stock looking civic with a built/turbo'd motor and a tight suspension then fancy rims, bodykit, lambo doors and whatever else with just stock powerplant and suspension.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

whats up man.
sounds like u have alot on ur mind on what to do with ur civic. But ill say one thing, dont go for the cheapest parts, it can turn out to go bad for u in the long run. Go out there an save ur money on get the best that way u dont have to worry about it breaking on u when u need it the most an please stay away from ebay for performance parts.

i would say swap out the motor with a b16 or b18 awsome power an theres alota parts out there for it. But again save ur money an get the top end parts you will thank ur self later down the road.

good luck on ur build and post pictures.