HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   My car and my ideas (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/my-car-my-ideas-30210/)

quick_shifter 10-04-2006 05:45 PM

My car and my ideas

Hey, so I just got an Si (2005) about two months ago, and I'm already thinking of mods, but I plan on waiting for a while, considering I don't have any money now I that I got the car, and I've been really busy lately! My friend told me I have a K20 motor, and that I don't have LSD, which is fine for me, currently. He also told me of someone he knew putting a K20 head on a K24 block. . . I kind of thought he was B.S.ing me, but I REALLY did after he said it boosts your hp 180+!!! That's more than double of what I have right now, and he said you could beat corvettes and such. Now don't get me wrong, I know some of ya'll probably could top a corvette or two, but I was curious what ya'll thought about it and if it sounded true or not. He also said it costed about 4 grand and that there was A LOT of machining and extras the guy had to do. Please fill me in on your opinion, and if it is true, do you think I should do that?

TheMoogly 10-04-2006 06:14 PM

RE: My car and my ideas

You will have to drop ALOT of money and you'll maybe beat a vette if he isnt realizing you're racing... a k24 is from a honda suv i think. Changing the header will NOT add that much power.. i dont know much about engines but I dont fall for those "I know a guy..." stories.... if you ever want to beat a stock Corvette, buy a Z06.

EDIT: And the k24 has less horsepower but more torque... the k20 from an RSX-S is like 220 hp... someone help me out here.

ryank327 10-04-2006 08:07 PM

Dropping a head from a K20a2 engine(rsx-s) into the K24(cr-v,rsx,accord) is reffered to as a frankenstein k24. The K24 from the TSX yeilds the highest compression and best power but is also the most expensive. If you go with a CRV clock which is the most commonly used the block and pistons will be about $4000. That does not include all the other parts you will need to do the swap. Im nto exactly sure on the price but I would say at least $6000. Take a look around, go to k20a.org those guys will be able to tell you all you need to know and its a good source for parts.

Remmy 10-04-2006 08:30 PM

I have a est 2700 pound car with at least 220whp. My car still would only fdeam of beating a vette.

CivicSI8805 10-07-2006 05:08 PM

good luck but i dont see u running with vettes anytime soon.

quick_shifter 10-08-2006 02:41 PM

It's not that my ONLY intention was to beat a vette, that's just what I heard. I understand that it would be ALOT of money to put into my car, but again, it's just an idea, and I was wanting to see what ya'll thought of it. . .