New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My stock strong runner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Default My stock strong runner!

This is my 97 civic cx auto (I drive a semi for a living and the thought of shifting gear after work makes me ill). It has 112000 miles and runs like new, I am the second owner. This is my first honda and I must say it is the best car i've ever owned ( old or new) in my life. I plan to put little minor mods into the outside and probably do a black headliner and new black carpet inside. I rigged a SRI from a scion xa to fit in my civic (xa is gone because it had horrible pick up). I put a sony deck in the storage space above the cup holder and left the stock unit in. I also put in a little pre amped bass tube to even out the sound. I removed the rear seats to maximize storage space. I blacked out the tail lights and will soon do the headlights. And thats that!
Well, one short story about the old girl, a couple days ago I was coming from blockbuster and as I was turing I noticed a nice looking little chevy cobalt, I thought hmm pretty nice and kept on. Well at the next stop sign the nice little sporty cobalt coupe (with spoiler and noisy exhaust and all that) was next to me and I knew this took some effort for this guy to get beside my cause he was in some traffic. So I knew what he wanted, he started revving his loud exhaust as to say "your little civic aint ****", so I thought I guess i'll humor him so bam we hit it and to my surprise, mr. cocky cobalt just could not catch me for ****! For the next 2 miles he kept coming up next to me and still couldn't take the old civic. He finally turned off all erratic. I was all amped up and proud of her. Well, thanks for viewing my posts and I will update any new mods as I do them.
Peace!

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=1397a4fa.pbw

Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Default RE: My stock strong runner!

welcome man

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 AM

Hey, welcome to HCF. I also have the same generation hatchback. What are you planning on doing to your car first?

Old 04-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Administrator

welcome, cant wait to hear and see future plans.