New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

navigation problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Default navigation problem

hey guys, i just bought the honda civic si and i lovee it! i got it with navi but does anybody know how i can get it to work while driving?

Old 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Default RE: navigation problem

those units are equiped with internal gyros that sence movement of any kind.....if they sense movement you're not gonna be able to make adjustments while driving....not to mention that if the satellite signal is sensing movement it's gonna do the same as a back-up to the gyros.....Oh yeah, and the parking brake lever will be down while you are driving as an added back-up to make sure you keep your eyes on the road.......trust me this is a good thing because those navigation units are extremely distracting to the driver and it's just to protect you and to protect honda's *** from any lawsuits.....As far as rigging the unit so that it works while you are driving, good luck with that, if you tamper with the gyros you will mess up the system......you're better off buying another aftermarket unit...