New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New '04 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New '04 Civic

i would suggest keepin 'er stock then and just get your credit in check, then save up, for a quality exhaust system, you WANT cat-back...its the only way you should go. i mean you COULD get an intake...but i would just save up for evrything...youll appreciate it a lot more..enjoy!

Old 11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

An aftermarket exhaust with nothing else on it WILL NOT do anything but make your car louder. If you have 1000 to spend start in the front with Intake (will not affect warranty) and get the header and hiflow cat after your warranty is done and then exhaust... when you do exhaust go with 2.25" because I have 2.5 and it is soo loud in my car i hate it. Start in the front and work back. Dont get a body kit, keep it clean and maybe just a lip kit or something...

You could also consider lowering your car a little bit to close the wheel gap and then get an EBAY strut bar kit front and back... it is cheap and really tightens your car up... I have struts on front and back and love it.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

An aftermarket exhaust with nothing else on it WILL NOT do anything but make your car louder. If you have 1000 to spend start in the front with Intake (will not affect warranty) and get the header and hiflow cat after your warranty is done and then exhaust... when you do exhaust go with 2.25" because I have 2.5 and it is soo loud in my car i hate it. Start in the front and work back. Dont get a body kit, keep it clean and maybe just a lip kit or something...

You could also consider lowering your car a little bit to close the wheel gap and then get an EBAY strut bar kit front and back... it is cheap and really tightens your car up... I have struts on front and back and love it.
i dunno bout that. Just got a custom catback 2.5' and i can feel the gain with car, especially around 1-2000rpms from 20-60mph the car wants to haul ***. The acceleration from 20-60 is greater than what it was before my custom catback. And also the size of the piping makes the car "louder" because it makes the sound of the higher rpm hit sooner. I've noticed this when i got mine. Like for example at 4500rpm (stocked but with custom muffler) my car was making a certain sound, but with the new catback it makes that same sound but at a sooner rpm like at 3000rpm. So its not really getting louder it just "spiting" the louder sound a weee bit sooner

Old 11-20-2006, 07:05 PM

well performance27, if you study civics you will end up like me with all the civic knowledge you can possibly get. I know that I know civics more than you but that isnt the point the point is that in life if you study you will succesed. Plus your civic looks like a saltine cracker box so just keep your head out of your *** you will buy the right parts and get that thing to look like a masterpiece.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

I am just saying that from my experience of 2 years with my catback and 3 different intakes (2 short and 1 cai) I can honestly say that the cat back for me was a waste of money as of my car's current condition... If I would have done it over I would have used the exhaust money and done header and cat first and then cat-back.

Even the shop I got it from told me that if there is an increase I am only looking at 1 or 2... the power gain I thought I felt was placebo more than anything, but the sound... I HATE IT.

And while you know more than the new guy, you cant spell "-ologist" correctly... I am not even a native english speaker and I see your flaw! Why do you say his car looks like a box? It is a nice coupe and I think it looks really good as stock look!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

I am just saying that from my experience of 2 years with my catback and 3 different intakes (2 short and 1 cai) I can honestly say that the cat back for me was a waste of money as of my car's current condition... If I would have done it over I would have used the exhaust money and done header and cat first and then cat-back.

Even the shop I got it from told me that if there is an increase I am only looking at 1 or 2... the power gain I thought I felt was placebo more than anything, but the sound... I HATE IT.

And while you know more than the new guy, you cant spell "-ologist" correctly... I am not even a native english speaker and I see your flaw! Why do you say his car looks like a box? It is a nice coupe and I think it looks really good as stock look!
even reading through your last statement again you sound very arrogant... why dont you put up a picture of your car and let us take a look at what you have?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:33 PM

ok you dont believe me its a cracka box than here ya go:

[IMG]local://upfiles/15839/27993257AAA54C449C7FBDF937A469BF.jpg[/IMG]
so everybody judge!

Old 11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civictolagist

well performance27, if you study civics you will end up like me with all the civic knowledge you can possibly get. I know that I know civics more than you but that isnt the point the point is that in life if you study you will succesed. Plus your civic looks like a saltine cracker box so just keep your head out of your *** you will buy the right parts and get that thing to look like a masterpiece.
haha future troll maybe?

Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM

ok you dont believe me its a cracka box than here ya go:

so everybody judge!

so what do ya think moogly

Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Civictolagist

Yes Moogly I think this Civictolagist needs a spelling lesson but congrats civictol"a"gist, looks like you've done a good number on your car. Jesus, with all the money you put into it, you could have purchased an M3 or a Viper or an Audi S4. This car is to get me around town, to save some money, and I'm not looking to go ***** deep like you and invest me entire life savings on "suping" up my car. It's clean and nice right now and just want to add a few things to it to improve performance. That's why I came to the car forum to get some info from people that are more familiar with Civics than i. But I would much rather prefer to get advice from Mr. Moogly that yourself thanks. I don't doubt your knowledge and any you have is welcomed and appreciated granted you don't have hidden prejudices against your "cracka box" brothas. I think all of us, even me, the newbie (which you appear to be as well)would appreciate less arrogance, thanks [8D] Don't like the carbon fiber hood, but if you like it, that's cool.

Mr. Moogly a 2.5 inch lowered sounds nice.

Quick Reply: New '04 Civic