New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New with a '95 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Default New with a '95 EX

I just bought this car. It's a '95 Civic EX 1.6l 5speed. I grew up with hondas. My parents had a '78 CVCC that had over 1 million miles on it when it finally got crushed by a tree. Ever since then I've had a spot in my heart for them since they run forever. I've had two civic hatch backs since then one was an '83 and the other was a '79 I think.

I bought the car saturday. On Sunday I put a new clutch in it and buttoned it all up on Monday. Next I'll be doing the timing belt, water pump and a tune up.

Well here she is.

Not the greatest picture since I was just getting ready to tear it apart. So far after dealing with a slight low rpm stumble problem which turned out to be the fact that it hasn't had a tune up in god knows how long. The gap on the spark plugs was about .065. Once I fixed that it ran great. So a tune up is in order for sure.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM

What even happens when an analog odometer hits 1 mil? does it just reset?

Not to be that generic skeptic forum user, but really a million? I dont know anyone with that kind of patience for a car

Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM

My dad would swap the motor every 300,000. He did that at least three time that I can specifically remember and I was really young. My mom drove the car every day from Santa Cruz to San Jose for school. We took that car everywhere, long road trips with my parents and two brothers loaded up in the back. We even had a motorcylce trailer we used to go camping with that car. I have seen early analog odometers that only went to 99,999 miles turn over and reset to zero so I'm guessing the same thing would happen with that one.

It really doesn't take a lot of patience with a '78 to swap the motor. I remember watching him unbolt the motor and pull it out with no hoist. He would throw it in the back of the chevy and drive to San Jose and swap it for a rebuilt motor. It would only take him a couple days to pull, swap and put the rebuilt motor in.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Wow thats some classic american badass fathering