New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New chick on the block.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member
Default New chick on the block.

My name's Rachele, I'm new to the forum, and have had my '97 Civic LX sedan (stick) for about 2 1/2 years. Ever since I bought my car I've dreamed of modding it, but until recently I haven't had the cash or the ***** to do so. So far it's stock, but on the 5th of this month it snowed here and on my way to work my car decided that it wanted to pick a fight with a guard rail. I fishtailed and hit the guard rail at about 15mph which tore about 1/4 of my front bumper cover off and cracked the housing of my passenger side headlight. This will be the 2nd bumper that I'd had to put on my car in less than 2 years.

When I bought it the original bumper was being held on by duct tape on the drivers side and was cracked. The kid who owned it before me rear-ended someone while he was underage and had an open container in the car, so needless to say he lost his license and his mom had his uncle sell the car.

In addition to the aftermarket bumper, I decided that instead of replacing the one headlight with another stock, that I would take this as the opportunity change both headlights to black Anzo Halo-Projectors. Eventually I'm going to get an HID kit, but for now the Halos will do.

For the longest time I've only wanted to do minor mods to my car (Rims, exhaust, tint, short shift), but after reading up on what everyone has done to thier Civics and seeing pics, I've decided that insted of doing the minor stuff and eventually getting a brand new Si sedan, that It would be financally better and a hell of a lot more fun to mod what I have.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New chick on the block.

w00 w00 welcome

ooh that sucks about hitin the rail...my cars bured in snow right now

but good luck on ur car...mod away....

POST PICTURES

Old 12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
HCF Member

how can we help u

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

Well, For right now I'm just hanging out. I decided to join since I had been lurking around for a little while. No major questions yet.

I'll be posting pics of my beast here in a little while.... Sucks that I haven't been able to wash her before her "big photo shoot" because of the sh!tty weather here.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 AM

hey wats going on welcome.....I am new on here to

Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM

Welcome to hcf! I felt the exact same way before i started modding my car and now look what happened! Have fun modding and hope we can help you out with anything!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Sucks that you hit the rail, welcome this crazy place.

I had a 95 Civic LX that I rolled doing 80 down the interstate.
Totalled it, place not crunched and broken was the driver door.
Pretty crazy I just made it out with a scrape on the arm.

Anyway, if you need anything let us know.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 PM

hey Rachele, i have a 00' LX stick , i wish i could mod the engine but its too weak too do anything with it lol, but ya just like u i think im gonna throw some rims on it and maybe do some other stuff to make it look good.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

Eventually I'd like to do an engine swap to a better D-series. Can't exactly afford to go B-series right now....It is nice to dream about though.[sm=Awwww.gif]

So for now I'm going to work on the cosmetic and then once I get more cash saved up I'll get into the internals....

Quick Reply: New chick on the block.