New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Default New Civic

Whats up everyone. I bought a 93 Civic Ex Coupe about a month back. It has 233,xxx miles on the clock and it runs great so far. I am not sure if my engine is a VTEC or not, but it is listed as a 1.6 litre according to the Advance Auto Parts website. It does have the 5-speed manual tranny, power windows, locks, mirrors, moonroof and A/C. Other than that, it needs a new hood and has some rust on both rear quarters that need fixed. Has an add-on spoiler with the center brake light (even has one in the back window still). Recently changed the oil with Castrol Startup 5W-30, new Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs, new brakes, rotors and drums all around, had to cut the old O2 sensor out to put the new Denso sensor in, and also has new Khumo low profile tires at the stock size that it called for. Any ideas on what I could do to this car besides the little bit of body work and obvious new paint job it needs? My aunt told me to get a Honda because she has a 2001 Civic LX 4-door that runs great even at 70,000 miles, and her husband has a 94 Accord EX with 240,000 and also runs like new. I do not know much at all about these cars...just have heard that they stand out for their bullet-proof reliability and the gas mileage. Let me know and thanks in advance for your help. I really like my Honda so far!!

Old 02-25-2006, 03:18 AM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: New Civic

welcome to the site. any pics of your ride?

Old 02-25-2006, 04:46 AM

who doesnt love the honda? welcome..what do you want to do w/ your car? performance, appearance, both? theres unlimited possibilities, all depends on your wallet and where you want 2 go. but your off 2 a good start going w/ the basic tuneup stuff..great starting point.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

How much did u get it for? I'm lookin to buy the same car. I found one with 200K miles but the guy is askin 1800.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:47 AM

I dont have any pics of the car yet but I will get some soon to put on here. I would like to get some new headlights for it because the ones on it now really suck except when u have the highs on...I also would like to get some new clear corner taillights and corner lights on the front...rims...tint the windows and put a nice system in. I paid only $1000.00 for the car and I know I got a good deal on it because I ran the kelly blue book and it is worth $3100 the way it sits. The rest of the things I would like to get for it is some good fog/running lights, performance wires, and if there is such a thing made, a performance distributor cap and rotor. Cold air intake and a cat back exhaust...dont have much money because I have a 98 Plymouth Breeze as a 2nd car that I have to get stuff for too. Any ideas would be great on the honda...especially if some of the things are pretty cheap.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:49 AM

I hope aftermarket performance mods come out soon for my car...