New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic newbie...with questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:00 AM

Perhaps not. But clearly I was not seeking safety information. There are safety warnings everywhere you look and they exist because lawyers do.

The worlds gone mad with over zealous infringements of rights and privacy and I for one find it loathsome.

Sorry for being a bit abrasive to all.

Originally Posted by croninc
Not going to get any answers talking like that.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:05 AM

In the USA 40,000 new laws went into effect on Jan. 1 87,000 new laws are projected for 2011. I can't keep up with all the laws. Turning off the buzzer does not break any laws. Not wearing a seat belt does. If you are safety conscious as you appear to be you don't need a buzzer to remind you to put it on.

Thanks

And again I apologize for being brash.

Originally Posted by Forty04
Cool with me, do your thing!

Let your kids get prosecuted for selling a car with faulty SRS wiring!

Being "drone" and having a respect for law, and a great appreciation for life (hence the whole safety thing..) are two VERY different things, btw

Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

You do realize that tampering with the SRS system can result in unintended airbag deployment, or, no deployment at all (when you do need it)

For these reasons, and many more, YES, it IS illegal. I'm sure if you do your research you can find someone willing to provide you the answer you're looking for. However, you're not going to get it here at HCF.

It's your life man. If you want to "live on the edge" as a revolt against society, then have at it.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 AM

Wow such controversy about a little chime. It is not illegal to disable the chime and it can be done w/o disabling the SRS.

All the drama man. And yes I refuse to be follower when it makes no sense to do so. I don't like cults,brainwashing or the Pied Piper marching me off a cliff.

It's a chimer man not Armageddon

Old 03-10-2010, 05:38 AM

It's probably as simple as finding the box that's buzzing under the dash and unplugging it. Or wiring in a light bulb instead so the system still physically works and can be repaired to sell later.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Take a pen apart, and grab the ink, from the inside of the pen. Look inside the seatbelt buckel, and there will be a little green tab, push it down, until it clicks. Now the beeping is gone, until you push the seat belt release button. Way easier than having to rewire anything! That's what I do in my moms car. I normally always wear my belt but we all know there's certain situations when we can't, and that little beeper is damn annoying, for sure. I do believe it's my right to choose when I want to wear my seat belt and when I don't, and don't need the government to hold my hand; I'm a grown-up, THANKS!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Darthvader
Wow such controversy about a little chime. It is not illegal to disable the chime and it can be done w/o disabling the SRS.

All the drama man. And yes I refuse to be follower when it makes no sense to do so. I don't like cults,brainwashing or the Pied Piper marching me off a cliff.

It's a chimer man not Armageddon
Man... how do I go about being like you? I feel like you have this crazy advanced outlook on life and society that I should probably be buying into. Really, it's quite captivating...

do whatever you want to your car, hell pull the seatbelts and airbags right out of it. At least then the next owner will know they're ****ed in the event of a crash, rather than thinking they're traveling with the confidence in safety that the H badge provides.

stop trying to state facts you know nothing about. All you're doing is further proving your ignorance.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jwmm04
Take a pen apart, and grab the ink, from the inside of the pen. Look inside the seatbelt buckel, and there will be a little green tab, push it down, until it clicks. Now the beeping is gone, until you push the seat belt release button. Way easier than having to rewire anything! That's what I do in my moms car. I normally always wear my belt but we all know there's certain situations when we can't, and that little beeper is damn annoying, for sure. I do believe it's my right to choose when I want to wear my seat belt and when I don't, and don't need the government to hold my hand; I'm a grown-up, THANKS!
It's a law for a reason.. Honestly, what situation have you ever been in while behind the wheel of a car in which you "couldn't" buckle up? It takes 3 seconds and you can even do it while pulling out of your parking spot.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

I love the overall direction of this thread, keep it coming -- Subscribed.

I been in too many wrecks, seatbelt is like a part of my clothing now LMAO.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 AM

Seriously people, what is wrong with you guys? Are you really that ignorant about your own safety? I agree the buzzer thing is a little much though... it would annoy me.

...But i've made a healthy habit of always buckling up first thing. I enjoy myself a little spirited driving given the mood and it's nice to have the seatbelt holding me into my leather seats a little better. Some people have a hard time remembering to buckle up, that's why the buzzer is there. If you wear your seatbelt I feel that you should be able to remove the buzzer if you want... but if you don't wear your seatbelt and you want to remove it because you refuse to fix your bad habit of not wearing the seat belt, well you're just being stubborn.

Face the facts, seat belts save lives... it's a law for a good reason. You may say "it's my life blah blah blah"... well all the people who care about you could end up having to deal with you flying through your windshield and going splat on the asphalt, so don't be so selfish and think for once about how what you do affects other peoples' lives.

I gave you my positive input in my previous reply because I feel entitled to inform you of what I know about it. So don't feel like i'm attacking you or anything, I still tried to assist. I'm just offering my opinion to the discussion.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: New Civic newbie...with questions