HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   new to this forum.... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/new-forum-9347/)

psychocivic 08-25-2005 12:49 AM

new to this forum....

hey guys i'm new to this forum... i'm currently on import forum too , maybe you guys can give me more pointers since we are strictly on civics here. i have the hook up for the basics (headers, cat-back exhaust and intake). next will be in intake manifold and throttle body. (by the way i have a 94 civic dx). i also plan on lowering it (which i need help with what coilovers and stuts i should get). this is an automatic civic, its techinically my girlfriends car but i do the driving. and plus will i kill the transmission if i'm currently shifting from 2nd-4th gear with the atutomatic tranny? i like to pick up speed a little faster on the freeway... i would greatly appreciate everyones input. thanks

Omen68 08-25-2005 12:55 AM

RE: new to this forum....

Welcome aboard...

maddawg 08-25-2005 12:59 AM

welcome i use to do that alot in my ford Taurus LOL i never had any problems when i say alot i mean everytime i get behind the wheel

civic x 08-25-2005 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: psychocivic

will i kill the transmission if i'm currently shifting from 2nd-4th gear with the atutomatic tranny? i like to pick up speed a little faster on the freeway.....

I was wondering the same thing?
By the way welcome.

ngoti 8tor 08-25-2005 02:10 AM

i would greatly appreciate everyones input. thanks
[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Wow! Your girlfriend has a nice............. car! (94 DX you say?)

psychocivic 08-25-2005 02:26 AM

haha thanks. got her laughing too... as soon as i'm done working on it and giving it hp to the max she will have her license and be driving it instead of me. lol doesn't that suck? oh well, while this is my project car i'm going to get a 2000 civic si soon. by that time i will know what i need to do to get the best performance out of it the cheapest way. knowing people that have warehouses of stuff for imports is good too.

ngoti 8tor 08-25-2005 02:29 AM

i also plan on lowering it (which i need help with what coilovers and stuts i should get)
Hey, where ya located friend? I'd be more than glad to give a fellow HCFer a hand with some lowering.

psychocivic 08-25-2005 02:39 AM

thats cool. i'm in the bay area, california. any good brands to go with? what about camber kits?

ngoti 8tor 08-25-2005 02:47 AM

thats cool. i'm in the bay area, california.
California, that's quite a ways from Canada, but I'd be willing to travel that far to help someone out with a 94 DX. I'd just need a warm comy place to sleep is all.

psychocivic 08-25-2005 02:57 AM

lol....i have a futon but i don't think my girlfriend would be comfy with a stranger sleeping in our apt with us. what part of canada? i got a fake id before i was 21 that said i was from vancouver b.c. haha noone knew it was fake. anyways, do you like the dx model or something? i'm just curious... i wouldn't mind helping out people with their cars either but damn thats a quest to come from canada just to help someone out.