New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to the forum, gotta question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Default new to the forum, gotta question

Hello every, from my username you prolly think ive come here to bash on you guys becuase I drive a dsm. And no I havn't I just have a question. My friend has a 91-93 (not sure exact year) Honda civic 4 door 5 speed car. I'm not sure of the model either. But anyway he is selling it for $500. It has 110,000 miles on it. It also has a magnaflow exust, cold air intake, headers, aftermarket suspension, and a aftermarket cd player (i think its pioneer or kenwood). In my opinion its one hell of a deal. There is nothing wrong with it thatI know of, it was his DD until about 11/2 months ago when he lost his licnesce and it ran fine. Me and another one of my friends are going tuesday to check it out. Gonna start it up make sure it shifts into 1st and reverse good. Can't drive it becuase it has no plates or insurance. I know from experience Civic's are very realible car's. I used my moms 2001 LX for a few months before I got my eclipse. Her civic is very good on gas and has about 80,000 miles on it and has never had a problem with it. So do you guys think $500 is a good deal on my friends civic or no?

Just for the hell of it i'll tell you a little about my car. Its a 1998 Eclipse RS. It has a K&N cold air intake, JDM headers, 3' straightpipe magnaflow cat-back exust. front door speakers are two 240 watt kenwoods and backseat speakers are two 140 watt JVC speakers. I have 2 12' 1000 watts each Kenwood subs in a vented box, with a 4000 watt amp. And a Pioneer cd player. Cobra radar detector and a tomtom GPS.I have 2 sets of 18' rims. One set are KNZ chrome rims with Premium sport racing tires. The other set is Konig gunmetal rims with super sport racing tires. It has 79,000 miles on it. So ya hope there isn't any arguing about DSM's and civic's becuase I have no problem with civic's or the people who drive them.
These are a couple pics of my car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31276/5828A47DD79244909187951B28FA2BC6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31276/3E8DD1CE263C4ABA8DAC13EB5681BEC3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2008, 08:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new to the forum, gotta question

as for the civic, it all depends on how well it's been kept up, and the condition of the body. as for your car, the first pic looks good, but the those are the worst looking rims that konig has ever released, sorry if that offends you.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:15 PM

lol na it doesn't matter to me, i got them for $150 at a tag sale with the tires with 90% tread left on them. I'm putting the chromies back on in about a week. and the civic's body looks good no rust or dents. and the kid im buyingthecivicfrom knows alot about cars so he did all the necessary maintance and kept it very clean

Old 05-18-2008, 09:30 PM

well if the civic runs well and the miles arent all racing miles then yeah. but for 500 bucks and it only has 110k on it? people will tend to question why only 500? ya know? they'll most like have q's like does it run? does it overheat? are the parts ok? i know that i had those questions. and yes definately check if it shifts well. no point in getting a car that doesnt shift. but if there's some minor things that needs fixing look into how much to do the job. also look into kbb.com and put in the info and see how much the car is actually worth and of course you'd need to factor in the mods so look into that as well. so basically what i would do is look for what need to be fixed and how much. look into how much the car is actually worth and if the cost of the repair adds up to more than what the car is worth with all the mods(remember they are used), then its pretty self explanatory unless there's something that tells you that its worth the fixing. hope that i was a help
[align=left] [/align]