New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the Forum, Stolen in Cleveland Oh

Old 03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Default New to the Forum, Stolen in Cleveland Oh

I've enjoyed my 88 Civic DX for a couple of years. I've been doing the ordinary bodywork, rust repair, dents and dings. It is originally a nice shiny Red yet much of the body is primer red. No radio, seats are tattered and a rusty muffler.
So, I am a bit surprised to discover my car stolen, from my employers parking lot. It was gone for about two weeks, I just picked it up from the impound lot where it was sitting in mud up to its rockers. All that was stolen were tires and wheels, tools and some of my personal gear. The only real damage is to the steering column and under dash ignition wires. No theft insurance on a 20 year old car so I'll be fixing it out of pocket.
Yes, my car was locked and I still have the key. The security camera at work caught the entire event. It took less than 30 seconds to open the door and drive away. It was painful watching the video.

The big question that I have, what is recommended for an effective theft deterrent ? .Really looking for a less expensive anti-theft system as the budget is pretty tight.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Dale