New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Default New to the Group

So this is my first time here. My name is ian, I drive a 1991 Honda Civic DX and I've named him El Jeffe (hence the name). I've had this car for about 10 years now and it's got 138k mi on it. Considering I've driven it all over NY and from NY to ATL and back, and out here & around Chi-town, that's not that bad. He's got some cosmetic damage on the driver side, and a slightly bent frame, but I refuse to let him go. I don't care how may wires and plugs I have to stick in him, I'm going to keep him alive (just think of the Married... with Children episode where Al has an automotive surgen work on the Dodge).

Jeffe spent some time not being used and I think that has led to some problems with him idling high/hard in the more warmer weather. Most of the time a slight tap on the gas pedal will get it to lower, but I'll get to that on the forum at a later time. I've got a lot of memories involving that car. Like driving Peter Murphy to his hotel after a show back in 2000 ( I was working for a radio station at the time). We've gone to a lot of places, done a lot of things, (some of which I can't talk about here ), even witnessed first hand one of the worst events in our nations history in the past 50 years.

Yeah, I'm sentimental about El Jeffe. When the day comes I have to get a new car, I'm going to take something from him. Probably the distributer cap since it's easier to get off than the steering wheel.

I guess it's now on to the show.

~ian~