New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Finally a proud owner of a 00 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Default Finally a proud owner of a 00 Civic

My commute from home to work is a bit of a fun trip is about a 60 miles round trip. I don't mind the 45 min drive, so I knew I had to get a reliable car for my commute to work, and to start back up my mobile detail business. Being that I was on a tight budget, and wanted something fuel efficient as well, I thought about why not finally buy my dream car, I was on a tight budget by the way. I would be happy with either an SI or a 00 Civic EX or DX. I researched, looked for about a month. I had a couple of Civics already to check out first before making my decision, but out of all them there was one too good to be true that I was about almost decided that was going to be the car as long as the price was right. So yes it was the first one to check out first,

It was a bit of a hassle to get there because my Iphone GPS for some reason went crazy, it kept taking me to another house who also happened to have a Civic as well LOL but it wasn't an 00 it was an older gen I believe it was a 97 or 96. After about 20 min of driving back and forth on the same road, and a few back and forth of texts and calls from the owner of the Civic I finally figured it out and was on my way to the right Civic.

I got very VERY lucky in my opinion, this was a 2000 Civic EX, with only 224K miles and EVERYTHING WAS STILL STOCK! It was a Civic owned by 2 owners only so I am the third. The previous owner was a girl who had the car since 2001, she got it as a high school gift from her mother. IT was very well taken care, that she didn't want to get rid of it. The only reason she was looking to sell it was because her brother has been trying to convince her to get rid of it, so he ended up buying her a newer car so that she can get rid of the Civic. LOL There I was trying to hold back my excitement and big *** smile I wanted to show but kept my composure because I didn't want to ruin the negotiation time. At the time it had the typical break-light problem. Which she didn't know how to fix or what the issue was, she thought it was a fuse. It turned out to be the brake pedal stopper, which is a small plastic grommet that goes in between the break pedal and the break light switch. It cost me about $6 at the Honda parts and 2 min of my time to put it on.

The current problems that needs to be addressed from urgent to not so urgent are listed below in that order.
-Fix the oil pan gasket leak (Is leaking oil from the gasket)
-Adjust the throttle body cable (Is too loose)
-AC doesn't blow cold air (I found an Auto Shop that does free visual check up and quote) Has a good reputation, so will be taking it there to get an idea whats wrong with the AC.

So by now you probably wondering how much I paid for this bad boy, it took only 1K for me to get this beautiful Civic. I have already done a couple of aesthetic mods and more to come. I am not sure if this allow but feel free to follow me on my IG account :NYMXCAR