New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New guy here!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Cool New guy here!!!

Howdy,

I was looking for a good Honda website for some good info on Honda's, and this one caught my eye. I turn 19 on June 7th, I attend a small technical college here in Nelsonville, Ohio for Heavy Equipment Operations, I'm VERY handy with a wrench, and I've had my Civic (her name is Rosetta) for almost a year.

Here's the story:

I had a 1995 GMC Sierra that got 8 miles per gallon, but it blew up about this time last year. (I actually sold it yesterday as a matter of fact) I traded my Grizzly 660 for my Civic from a guy I met on Craigslist. I did nothing to it, but the guy said he changed all the seals in the motor right before we traded, but the crank seal still leaked. I drove it like this for a week forgetting the problem, and it blew up. It got close to 40 miles per gallon, so I'm back to getting it fixed. My signiture has all the details, and I just put up a photo album of it on here. I'm very satisfied with how it runs, but the air struts make it ride like a TANK. It's really cool to sit in the parking lot and show it off, but it's not very functunal on the street. I'm looking for a somewhat stock suspension, or maybe something along the lines of a lowering kit and racing springs. With the tank and motor being where the backseat WAS, the car is basically a 2 seater. Other than that, I'm keeping it like it is and getting the most out of a VERY nice car. If anyone has anything they'd like to show me, feel free! And thanks for a great website too!