New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new guy here. need opinions on best system setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new guy here. need opinions on best system setup

The stuff i've seen at BB has not really impressed me. They have a pretty good selection of decks but the subs aren't that good. I would shop around on the internet and find the stuff that you want. Then i would goto stores and see what prices they are asking. Then compare to the two. Don't goto BB and buy thier best stuff, find what you want and you can afford and buy that. BB doesn't really stock the shelves with the best car audio stuff. They have a company called Dual, wtf is up with that. You would never see me buying any audio stuff from them unless i was doing it on the uber cheap.
+1...The only stuff i would consider buying from BB is Alpine (double the price at best buy compared to ebay), and from CC would be Infinity (they still carry that right?) or maybe an mtx amp. If ylou have 900 to spend you can get MUCH better system off ebay than what you would spend at one of those stores. Get an Alpine HU, Alpine/Xtant/Ifinity VQ/Boston Acoustics sub, and either Alpine, Ifinity, Pioneer Premier, or Boston Acoustics components. The amp/wiring kit is more up to you. RF, Phoenix Gold, HiFonics, MTX are all pretty good subs that you can get for decently cheap.

Just keep in mind that anything you can buy at BB or CC you can get on ebay for half the price usually.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new guy here. need opinions on best system setup

By the way...you will get much better responses if you post this in the A/V section of the forum [sm=smiley20.gif]