HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   new guy from Wisconsin (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/new-guy-wisconsin-94184/)

FI-LX 09-19-2012 11:12 AM

new guy from Wisconsin

just picked up an 95 LX sedan 5-speed pw, pl. By no means is it pretty on the outside due to the salty roads in wisconsin, but the interior is spotless. Picked it up for a grand with 200k on the clock. I know scary right but it runs flawlessly, the reason i bought it lol. plans as of right now for it are.

tint windows
debadge
c.a.i.
maybe intake manifold
header 4-2-1 seems like everybody prefers em for a dd
2 inch exhaust all the way back
thinking about magnaflow for the muffler

thats pretty much it for now, ill try to get pics up later since i just registered, and started this thread right before i walked out the door to go to work lol. any other suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks in advanced.

now to go make money to fund the civic modding:D

cvcrcr99 09-19-2012 11:35 AM

What do you want out of the car in the end? That will help determine if certain mods are worthless.

Welcome to the forum!

FI-LX 09-19-2012 10:04 PM

Thanks, well it is just going to be a dd. It does have 200k so i dont think F/I would be wise, well maybe a fifty shot if it blows that just means its time for a swap or rebuild.:D

and when i get pics posted in the morning youll see why i dont want to do dump to much money into it. performance wise

cvcrcr99 09-20-2012 05:51 AM

If you don't want any performance, why bother with the intake/header/ etc etc etc? It is not going to make the car any faster and an intake manifold is going to actually make it slower.

FI-LX 09-20-2012 09:43 AM

theres really no gains from doing just a c.a.i. and full exhaust? Man im used to seeing gains from that alone on ls motors, silverados in particular. It does cost more tho. I know with the ls motors i could swap heads and it would make it a totally diffrent animal, could it be the same for these motors? If so what should i look for? I dont mind spending a little money in the right area to see gains. I am a noob to the honda world.

For some reason my camera wont let me download the pics to my desktop otherwise they would already be posted.:mad:

cvcrcr99 09-20-2012 01:13 PM

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Honda did a good job making the little 1.5L and 1.6L as effecient as possible. You would gain roughly 3-8 hp if you just slapped an intake and exhaust on. Head swaps are nice (you could throw a vtec head on), but again, you are looking at maybe 20 hp there.

In order to really get power out of these motors, you need a turbo. Hell I had a supercharged, cammed, tuned D16 with almost every bolt you could imagine, and it only made 170hp/150tq. A simple turbo build can easily see 200whp with little to no work/tuning.

For pics, upload them to photobucket, copy the IMG code it gives you and paste it here. ;)

FI-LX 09-20-2012 03:20 PM

Well that definatly gives me a plan then. For now itll be c.a.i., header, head. Correct me if im wrong but im assuming i can do that for under $600, hell it cost a few hundred more then that for headers and c.a.i. for aa silverado and you see about 35-40whp gains, thats with a tune to.