New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new in here, looking for some help

Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 AM
HCF Member
Default new in here, looking for some help

i have an automatic 96 civic ex, and my power mirrors aren't working, i hear no noise at all when i press the button to move the mirrors, is it the motor that may be damaged or is it a fuse? if it is, is it in the hood or under the steering column?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 AM

welcome

Old 08-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Welcome. Check for a blown fuse #17 under the dash.

Last edited by RonJ; 08-12-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

i checked all the fuses and they are all fine

Old 08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Perform the function tests in the diagram. Post the results for more feedback.

Name:  picture_1292.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  53.8 KB

Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 AM
HCF Member
Default i hate electrical problems

im gonna have to check that. Also my power windows are real slow, is it probably the motor?
and i got another problem. My a/c will only work on #3 and #4 speeds. Is that fixable?
My power locks also dont work from the master switch on the drivers door

Old 08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
HCF Member

i would start to check: power window motor, A/C blower, fan motor, central lock motor.

i suspect to the mirrors motor because no noise at all when you press the button to move the mirrors.

if everything is ok. please check also the wire.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by jrestrepo589
Also my power windows are real slow, is it probably the motor?
I would start by checking whether the windows are binding in the side channels. In this case, the remedy would be to take off the door panels, check the window alignments, and then spray some silicone lubricant into the channels.

and i got another problem. My a/c will only work on #3 and #4 speeds. Is that fixable?
This is probably a problem with the blower resistor:

Name:  picture_1295.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  72.0 KB

My power locks also dont work from the master switch on the drivers door
Check for a blown fuse 51 under the hood.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

okay well for the mirrors i checked every single fuse and they were all fine. but i changed every single fuse anyway just for the hell of it. i cheked all the wires that have to do with the mirror and they are all fine, so im guessing yea its probably the motor, but im not so much worried about the mirrors.

now i also checked out the power locks. when i open the DRIVER side door and try unlocking the other door with the button on my side it wont work......now when i open the PASSENGER side door with the key and then i try and lock and open the door with the button it works, i dont know what that can be.

My car also has overheating problems, so far i have changed the radiator cap, the radiator, the thermostat, changed ALL the hoses, the fans work fine and turn on when they are supposed to, all the belts are new and the water pump is new.
>they told me it might be the sensors that are just not working right, but im not sureWHAT CAN THIS BE?
i checked and all i see is a little bit of oil leaking by where the thermostat goes.

after all this is done i want to work on the interior and exterior of my car.
so far i have a audio system inside, i have black and white synthectic leather seats, i have jdm black housing head lights, and tail lights, i have an alarm system with automatic window closer, white glow gauges, blue xenon lights and white xenon interior dome light.
what i now want to add, is some simple 14"-15" gsr rims, tint the windows, shocks, lip kits all around, paint, and of course i want to finish these mechanical problems that i am facing. (leak, the mirrors, power locks, and the windows because they go up very slow.

I am very sorry i im making you guys read this, but this is my PROJECT. im trying to get this on a car show or maybe even a local magazine.

If you are willing to assist me with ANY of this problems im facing please do so..
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I WILL SOON BE UPLOADING PICTURES OF THE CAR

Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by jrestrepo589
okay well for the mirrors i checked every single fuse and they were all fine. but i changed every single fuse anyway just for the hell of it. i cheked all the wires that have to do with the mirror and they are all fine, so im guessing yea its probably the motor, but im not so much worried about the mirrors.
I think it would be rare to have two bad mirror actuators. Now test the mirror switch:

Name:  picture_1314.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  57.1 KB

now i also checked out the power locks. when i open the DRIVER side door and try unlocking the other door with the button on my side it wont work......now when i open the PASSENGER side door with the key and then i try and lock and open the door with the button it works, i dont know what that can be.
Not sure. Possibly a faulty lock actuator in the passenger door.

My car also has overheating problems, so far i have changed the radiator cap, the radiator, the thermostat, changed ALL the hoses, the fans work fine and turn on when they are supposed to, all the belts are new and the water pump is new. they told me it might be the sensors that are just not working right, but im not sureWHAT CAN THIS BE?
i checked and all i see is a little bit of oil leaking by where the thermostat goes.
Try bleeding the cooling system of possible trapped air. If that doesn't help, then you may need to check for a blown head gasket.