New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New from Houston

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

Ya be careful for ebay knockoffs. They may say they are quality brands, so do some research, but your on the right track. Just google away my friend. Type in best exhausts for 99 Civic or youtube exhausts and get the feel for what you like.

Next I would say Wheels, tires, and suspension!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
Next I would say Wheels, tires, and suspension!
no engine swap??? .............

I have been researching (Apexi, Magnaflow, GReddy, RS*R)

I need to win the lotto, LOL

Old 09-29-2010, 05:30 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Numbers
no engine swap??? .............

I have been researching (Apexi, Magnaflow, GReddy, RS*R)

I need to win the lotto, LOL
Well hey if you want an engine swap you got plenty of choices, B16a, B18c1, H22 do some research you will find it all.

Those are all quality exhaust companies, just make sure the product is legit and not a knockoff.

Don't we all.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:35 PM

Speaking of exhaust... I got curious today and popped my hood to take a look see at what I have and also to see how easy of a job it would be to do a header and exhaust install.

To my surprise, behind the heat shield, I saw what I thought to be a header already installed! I could clearly see what looked like 4 pipes coming down to a flange, and then 2 pipes running under the engine. So, I crawl up under the car as far as I could (which wasn't very far) and I see the down pipe transition to a single pipe before I flanged up to the cat.

I took a couple pics after I removed the heat shield to make sure of what I had...

So here lies the question...

Did the '99 EX come stock with a 4-2-1 header, and if so, is it quality enough to where all I have to do is get a cat-back exhaust system?

It looks stock to me, as you can clearly see the mount holes for the heat shield, and the mounting plate looks like it is separate from the header assembly, but not able to be removed.

Also, how do I go about finding out what engine I have in this car, and as far as the "B16a, B18c1 and H22" ... will they bolt right up with no modifications?

Oh... this car has an auto trans.

Last edited by Johnny Numbers; 09-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.