New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new and interested in a civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Default new and interested in a civic

hey so im new, im from regina saskatchewan canada and im fed up with bull**** ads haha, so basicaly im intested in getting a civic. wondering what the best (most upgradeable) model/years are. i was thinking of somthing along the lines of a b16 engine swap but i have no idea of what that would cost me. but yah, im moving to a civic because over the last week or so i have been trying to get a mazda rx7, i get told that this car has all these mods ($35588) worth, and then i find out that its all body, paint, interior work.... cause i post up a few pics with the saposed parts list on a rx7 forums and get told its pretty much bone stock engine wise... so thats realy pissed me off, and im going to now get a civic thats bone stock and has no rust on it (or very little) and do alot of mods to it myself.. (or by a mechanic haha) and to my understanding civics seem to be the most upgradeable car on the market atm... so thats what im wanting to get.. im more so interested in engine work (although i do enjoy rims and body kits and underglow and all that jazz) but yet again more so performance mods aka engine and suspension and what not. im willing to spend around 13 grand on all this when said and done, and im pretty sure i can get a descent grade civic for that and do a fair amount of mods to it. so all in all im wanting to know whats the best civic model for my buck. and what it would cost (if recommended) to get a b16 engine swap

Old 07-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Default RE: new and interested in a civic

or any other ideas for engine mods will do

Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 AM

what are good brands to put into civics? aem? sparo? hks? etc etc

Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Administrator

first off homie...breath, lay off the speed kiddo

i kid i kid

next, do you want a MT or an AT? if you want manual, you prolly want to go with the 99-00 si. most people highly recommend it and it is very modable AND it has a B16 in it already