New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Mebmer with a question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Default New Mebmer with a question?

Hey I just joined this site cause it looks cool and seems like a good place for a civic owner. I'm not new to civics though. I have a 91 civic 4dr that i'm in the process of converting to an si doing the dpfi to mpfi pretty soon. Upgrades include cold air intake, obx header, obx high flow cat, larger exhaust pipe, magnaflow racing muffler, racing ingnition wires, optima battery, 4 sway bars (upper and lower), toyo proxes, tokico gas shocks, coilovers, tachometer and a few other things I can't remember. This is harder to find stuff for than 3drs, but I have a decent start even though it's not fast enough yet. I figure my high flow intake manifold with mpfi conversion and chipped ecu should help when I get the money. However, I have a dilemma with my suspension. I got everything off ebay and did it myself, but my car rides likes crap jello. I thought tokicos were good shocks. Is it the the tokicos that are causing the problem or the cheap *** coilovers that I'm using??? I can raise or lower my car but it never rides how i want. If it is the cheap springs can I correct this problem with some good eibach springs or something, or will the shocks be worn out and need to be replaced as well? Any enlightening is appreciated.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Mebmer with a question?

unfourtunatly, pretty much any cheap *** things off ebay suck. key word.... "CHINA". post some pics. You can upload a photo album if you go to the photo gallery link on the top page. BTW, welcome to HCF!

Old 02-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Thanks dude, that's what I kinda figured. Are tokicos pretty good though?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

You know, im really not the suspension man. All I would know about that are brembo brakes... you know how much I know about them? They are good.... thats about it. I know alot about car audio though. Take this link, this is a similar topic for your suspension

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_36390/tm.htm

Old 02-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Yeah, Tokicos are good stuff (I have some myself). It's definitely the eBay coilovers that are making your car ride like ****.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:32 PM

Yeah, Tokicos are good stuff (I have some myself). It's definitely the eBay coilovers that are making your car ride like ****.
i do too, and i agree and i agree.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

and if you had it SLAMMED, you probably busted the valve in the shocks. get good springs and then you might need new shocks too. but yeah, Tokicos are great.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:12 PM

Thanks pimps, I had it pavement scraping slammed. Well I learned the hard way. I'll probably try some good springs like eibach or something and hope the shox are ok. I'll never by a non name brand again. You always get whay you pay for. Hey do any of you guys have obx parts? Do you know if that's a recommended aftermarket brand cause I have a lot of their stuff?

Old 02-01-2005, 11:35 PM
HCF Member

some of their stuff is ok, ut stay away from power adders. they are really poorly engineered. and when you put in th enew suspension, leave the bumpstops in.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:45 AM

Hey saccions, when u say their power adders are poorly designed do you know from experience or word of mouth? I actually have their ceramic header and high flow cat and they seem to be ok. Does that mean I could probably get better gains from different brands? [&:]

Quick Reply: New Mebmer with a question?