HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   New member (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/new-member-20457/)

khanselman 04-17-2006 07:23 PM

Well, I am new to HCF, but not so new to Civics. My fiance has a 2004 Civic LX stock - bought brand new. I loved it so much, and knowing I had to drive 100 miles roundtrip every day for my job, I figured another Civic was a good choice. And, so far, it hasn't dissapointed me yet. I bought a used 02 Civic DX with 53k miles on it in August '05. Since I have put on 22k miles and with regularly scheduled maintanance, it's been a great 22k miles..

I've recently started getting into putting in performance parts, not necessarily for "racing" but more for better performance/better gas mileage, seeing regular is almost $3/gal. So far I have done small, semi-inexpensive upgrades - a new short ram intake (2.5" aluminum pipe with a stupid stock filter for now, soon to be upgraded to a K&N filter), friend let me borrow some Seafoam and cleaned out my throttle body, an upgrade to the ground line to a 4 gauge wire, and some Silver Star headlights. As for interior, I installed a Monster iCruze factory stereo integration for my iPod with the LCD screen.

I'm looking to do a couple more upgrades (ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED).. I've heard/read that new spark plugs will help a little, so I am thinking of getting some new ones; a new header and exhaust (magnaflow probably), and some alpine speakers for the inside..

Let me hear your suggestions/comments/etc.. Thanks guys (and gals)!

-- Kevin

97sleepercivic 04-18-2006 09:29 AM

RE: New member

new plugs and wires on my car made an amazing difference, i have a 97 ex pushing 14 pounds of boost, when i first got the car i just did little odds and ends stuff. my advise is get an exhaust, header, intake manifold, upgraded throtle body, distributor, ignition coil, plugs wires, and if i were you get a small turbo......but hey thats just me

mill$civic 04-18-2006 11:23 AM

welcome to the forum! ..is it just upgrades for matnance?

check out the rest of the forum for lots of ideas

khanselman 04-19-2006 06:14 PM

Most of the stuff I was looking to do I wanted for better gas milage; performance was just a good side effect. Thanks for the suggestions.. I'll see what happens with money (I'm a recent college grad with 40k worth of loans to repay) and will post any other upgrades..

Peg_Leg 04-19-2006 11:31 PM

hello and welcome a good exhaust will help a little with gas milage post some pics of your civics and a good tune up will help too

banana_sunshine 04-20-2006 03:12 AM

;) welcome to hfc

kisses B x

banana_sunshine 04-20-2006 03:15 AM

i mean hcf!!!!!! ooops, silly me...............[sm=massbounce.gif]