New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member, a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Default New member, a few questions...

I recently purchased a 1992 Civic LX. The car isn't in perfect condition, but who cares? It's a Civic. One thing that I thought was odd, and I'm not sure if it's just something with my car or all of the 92's, but the only way I can lock the driver's side door is by using the lock button inside the car, with the door closed or closing the door and turning the key in the door lock, you can't open the door, lock, get out and close... maybe a way to keep you from getting your keys locked in the car? Another thing is that my parents like to drive the car as well. They are a little older and turn on the headlights any time they drive and often times forget to turn them off. My battery has died about 8 times now and I had to replace it today ($60 that could have gone towards a vacation). So, I was wondering, is there anyway to get an alarm or dinger or something to go off when they open they door and the lights are still on? There might have been one at some point, but not now. Also, along the way, the keyless entry remote got lost, any way to replace it? Thanks in advance for your advice.

- JCain`

Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New member, a few questions...

First of all Welcome to HCF
As for the locking, yeah i am pretty sure that is normal, cause my 93 does that too, but i am use to locking the door as soon as i get out of the car(force of habbit), as for the lights... i am sure there would be a way of doing something like that... unfortunetely... i don't know of it. and i do believe that you can get a universal remote from an automotive store that can be programed to your frequency... you may also have to go to the dealer.. not 100% sure exactly, but you can get them for remote starters.. and a lot of those have power lock buttons on them... good luck

Old 05-19-2006, 10:30 AM

For your door locking needs.. when you open your door keep your door handle pulled out, and lock it when the handle is still out.. then let the handle go.. Presto.. locked drivers door. ( most Jap-mobiles were/are like that.)

For the lights, you can get a buzzer to hook into the fuse box for the lights at Autozone etc.

Hope this helps..

Harold

Old 05-21-2006, 10:36 PM

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I just went out and tried to door thing and it worked perfectly, thanks a lot, man. There is an Advance AutoParts a little down the road, so I'll see what we can do about the light buzzer. Anybody have any ideas about the keyless entry? Again, thanks for all of your help.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Stinky Administrator

hello and welcome for keyless entry i think you need power door locks but not sure good luck on your civic

Old 05-22-2006, 10:57 AM

WELCOME!