New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Member from NV

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 02:38 AM
Default New Member from NV

Hello everyone.
I've decided to join this forum site to gain knowledge about my 1998 Honda civic coupe from experienced people such as yourselves. Now I'm not exactly the expert mechanic and nowhere near one but I love working on my car myself. I work on it every now and then and was wondering if anyone could help me on finding the right but also affordable performance parts to slowly upgrade or replace for a possible turbo in the future. Any tips, tricks, help I can get I would appreciate and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:50 PM

Welcome.

Auto or manual?

Suggestion: don't buy ANYTHING for the car until you set up a budget and a power goal (if you want to eventually turbo). I say this because a popular first mod is an intake for a car. Ok, cool so you have an intake. Spent the money and the time to install, but now you want more and then buy a turbo kit. Well, say good bye to the intake as the intercooler piping is going to replace it.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:45 PM

Automatic.
Yes I know manual would be better but I don't mind the automatic. It previously had a cold air intake already and the the previous owners pretty much stripped the car down for what I'm assuming weight reduction reasons. The story is I'm in rivalry with a friend who owns a new Hyundai veloster with the turbo already installed. I've seen videos of Hondas of all sorts smoking them in the dust. As long as its not going to cost me a fortune I'd like to keep it a daily driven but also power when I need to put someone in their place. As common as it may be said I want to keep it in a budget but I also do want it to blow up on me either.
Nice Integra by the way.

Last edited by Heavenly Envy; 04-27-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:44 PM

Veloster with a turbo already installed? That's just a stock set up. 1.4L or 1.6L turbo I think.

Your automatic trans will quickly fall apart unless you dump money into building it as soon as you start adding real power to the car. Budget for a manual transmission swap, or keep the car clean and stock (motor wise I mean, feel free to make it look better by adding suspension, wheels, lip kit)

Describe what "a fortune" means to you. We all have different budgets.

Teg is gone. I drive a boring 03 Maxima with auto trans nowadays

Old 05-10-2016, 03:26 AM
HCF Member

Welcome! Greetings from Vegas!

Old 05-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. You've came to the right place - this site is a great resource with tons of useful information and knowledgeable guys. Feel free to ask any questions if needed!