New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member from Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 AM
HCF Member
Default New member from Wisconsin

Hello. I'm posting here first to see if I can get pictures to post correctly.

Name:  engine4272x2848.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  50.6 KB
And there are a few pictures of one of my civics. I bought it new from Wilde Honda in Waukesha, WI with only 8 miles on the odometer. I've stored it for all winters, except the last one where I had to drive it because the heater in my '92 CX hatchback sucks. It is in great condition and has some tasteful additions that I've installed myself. If you would like the see what I've done this far, you can look at the For Sale post where it will be posted next. The only reason for selling the car is because I'm looking at a newer four door Si because my wife and I have a newborn and a two door is a little impractical. I am going to try to sell it first before considering a trade because dealers are greedy and always trying to make a buck and will offer me less on trade because it is not "stock". Anyway, I've looked at some of the threads on this forum and think there are some talented individuals that post here and hope that I can be a valuable addition. I've worked on all sorts of cars in the past, own over a dozen myself and have graduated from a popular trade school and have been restoring classic Ferrari's for the last two years. I will also add an avatar and signature before my next post.

Last edited by primevil1; 06-06-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:08 AM

Welcome!! You have an extremely clean SI there....except the tail lights. If you have the stock rims and stock taillights to sell along with the car, you shouldn't have a problem finding a buyer.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:24 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Man... that car is so beautiful, until you get to the back end and see the taillights. Tails completely ruin the car, and make it look like a total ricer. The rims need to go, too... Other than the tails and rims, it's really nice! +1 for another electron blue Si owner!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

Glad to see another WI member. Im in Green Bay. clean car. i like the rims on it, i think they look pretty clean.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

The wheels are 17" Konig Tantrums and are in great shape. I really like them. I bought and installed them with only 36 miles on the odometer. I do have the stock wheels, they are installed on my 92 Civic CX, and if a buyer would rather have them that would not be a problem. I am guilty of following fads every now and again, and the taillights are proof of that. Ugly proof. Unfortunately when I was attending school in Wyoming, my a*#hole brother sold my stockers. I'm still very upset with him, and I would have put the stock ones back on over six years ago. I have however come across a website that sells excellent reproductions and would pass that info along to the new owner and recommend the purchase and installation of more original looking replacements. Or for anyone who has a set of '99 or '00 Civic Si taillights laying around, I have a great car that would complement them wonderfully, for a fair price of course.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Welcome to the forum...I'm new here too...

Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

I'm diggin' the rims too. Love the color of this car!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

Put the stock wheels on them, 17's are too big imo. Getting the stock tails will increase the value of the car and it will sell faster. Clean car very clean tho.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:32 AM

Welcome to HCF. Good luck with the sale, and the purchase of your new car.

I really like the new 4-door Si; you should check out the Mugen Si, it is badass.

Here's what I think.

First, I know you like the rims, but they're 17" which is just too big for most people.
Secondly, I know you dislike the taillights, and that's good.

Here's why you should put the stock rims on and get stock taillights before selling:

Most people specifically looking for a 99-00 Civic Si are enthusiasts and are into really clean cars. Your Si is in absolute great shape, and can fetch a pretty good price. That color is probably the most sought after 99-00 Si of them all. Most ricers, who will be the people who like the taillights, are not going to spend $6000 on a Civic Si when they can buy a lower model. So, you already know that you don't need to attract ricers, because ricers are typically cheap people and won't buy it for how much you want to sell it for. That being said, if you get OEM Si taillights, the car will stand out more to actual enthusiasts who like clean Civics. Lastly, I know you like the 17" rims, but most enthusiasts don't. If you have the Si taillights and rims on the car, you will have a complete, great condition Civic Si, and most enthusiasts will consider it a gem. People looking for a good condition 99-00 Si will drool over the car, and they will buy it quickly... they won't hesitate to pay full KBB value because of how rare a mint condition 99-00 Si is to find for sale.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

You make a very good argument Trustdestruction. And I will do just that. I haven't had any real offers on the local Craigslist, just some real low-ball offers. Anyone know the best place to start looking? I like to shop around for the best deals before spending any money. I found these at partstrain.com for just over $142, plus shipping. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Quick Reply: New member from Wisconsin