New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Si Coupe in NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Default New Si Coupe in NY

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hi.

Purchased an 09 Si Coupe in NBP on friday... First new car purchase, first Honda.

Unfortunately, the 'prep' guys called in sick today (yeah right, first nice day in forever out here and they're 'sick'?) so I got bumped to Monday. My rep didn't want me to pickup my car without it getting the 'treatment' even though I said it was no big deal and that I wanted it ASAP regardless... Oh well. At least I know there's no more than 5-6 miles on it and that it'll look mint right out the gate.

Will post some pics after I pick it up. Not that you guys don't know what the Si Coupe looks like. :P

Anywho, hope to get some tips here and there and maybe some mod advise down the line if I catch the bug. I have a feeling at some point I'm gunna want to get this baby at least solidly above 200HP. 197 seems too close to not push it the rest of the way over.

My first concern will be break-in obviously, and I'm terribly confused about that after reading a bunch of posts here... Some people say the hard break-in is best and reference that mototuneusa site, while others preach doing what the manual says (all the while burning a lot of oil). I'm wondering if anyone has done the mototuneusa method to a new Si Coupe and what their thoughts were (but perhaps that should be a separate post). I have a hard time trusting the notion that sport bike engines and various small engines like that behave the same way as the i-vtec engine.

I have a feeling this is going to be the longest 36 hours of my life (pickup is 10am monday)...

till next time...

Brian

Old 08-01-2009, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

O goodness id like to be the first to say Welcome to the site and I hope you feel at home here with any questions or concerns you may have. Also please take some pictures when you get the car and list all mods you purchase in the future. Congrats on the new car the ultimate Si.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:24 PM

Here's 2 pics I took on my phone.

I hope to have access to a proper camera at some point to take some better pics.

What a pleasure this thing is to drive. Feels so good to be in control with a manual transmission again. I think I've already started getting used to the speeds and which gears to shift into.

Next stop... window tint!

Attached Thumbnails New Si Coupe in NY-img_0157.jpg   New Si Coupe in NY-img_0158.jpg  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

Mhmm I love those new the Si. Welcome and congrads on the new car. Quick question though and something that I've been wanting to know, does the front H badge come off? Or is it part of the mesh grill?

Old 08-08-2009, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Brick
Mhmm I love those new the Si. Welcome and congrads on the new car. Quick question though and something that I've been wanting to know, does the front H badge come off? Or is it part of the mesh grill?
Yeah thanks, I love this car!

To answer your question it appears the H badge is firmly integrated with that front mesh. I took an up-close pic that should answer the root of the questions.

Later,

B.

PS. For some reason when I attach the pic it's flipped upside-down... It's not like that when I look at it on my computer... wierd.
You'll get the idea though.

Attached Thumbnails New Si Coupe in NY-img_0161.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

Thanks, I really like that gen and plan on getting one when I'm older. I was kinda hoping you could take it off and leave the mesh part. But I bet theres some aftermarket company out there that will make one. Any future mods? A different set of rims and a lowering would be great. but you probably won't be able to afford anything like that for a while. I've always liked the Mugen wheels that came on the Mugen sedan.