New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Default New to the site

I am new to this site. I got a D16z6 95 Civic EX. I got the car from a friend, so I have been around it for quite some time. Recently I had checked for codes. It was throwing a code 4 (crank angle sensor) and 41 (O2 heater). I replaced the dizzy and the O2(Denso). Now its throwing code 9 (Cyl Sensor) and still the code 41. Then come to find out it had a PO6 ECU in it.
Thought that was the wrong ecu, so got a working P28(virgin) in it. Still throwing these codes. After opening the P06, I noticed it has been chipped? Theres a SST 70-3C-PGE and whats looks to be (2) aftermarket chips in the H1C1 slot. One chip has NSW-B with 1DL1 in the right corner and the other chip has NY1-C with 1NS1 in the right corner.This gets better. C51 and C52 capacitors? They are both cooked. The J1 look as though it was jumped, but that jump is broke. I can tell it was converted to VTEC(IC12). I am a rookie with a ecu and Im looking for some insight on this. So basically what do make out of all this? What would you do? LOL. I mean the car runs ok. I feel it should run better. But, I dont wanna just be spinning my wheels and throwing money around. I havnt checked the timing yet either.Wiring problems, harness? Sorry if this is hard to follow. Thx for the read.......

Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 AM

Welcome to the forum!

J1 jumper enables the chip. Without it, the chip is disabled. I can't remember if the capacitors disable with the J1 jumper or not.

You need P28 anyway, so definitely use that since the converted P06 has been tampered with so much. I don't know how to fix those codes though.