New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to site, and new 97 Civic (pics inside)

Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
HCF Member
Default New to site, and new 97 Civic (pics inside)

Had the car for a couple of weeks now and been enjoying it. Nice change from a 94 Probe. I especially enjoy actually getting good fuel mileage out of a 4 cyclinder, and the sunroof (always wanted one). Pictures are from a fresh wash and wax about a week ago. /sigh at the streaks on the front windshield from the Rain-X I didn't remove properly.

Only change I have made since buying is using a harass to move the stock unit into the dash (a bit more difficult to get it to fit than the guides made it look ) and placing my old head unit in (last picture). Head unit has RCA Aux from the rear, so that is run down the passenger side to a headphone jack. I didn't want to drop the money on a new head unit with headphone jack on the front since this one works fine.

Anyway, daily driver, so I only expect to maybe get the rear windows tinted, and either replace the hub caps with ones in better condition or paint these (still silver, just to be able to remove the scuffs). Maybe I will get lucky one day and someone will have Craiglisted a set of 4 stock alloys in good condition with wheels for $100

Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the site. Shes nice and clean. I see ur rockin the auto trans. Same. And as far as wheel options go, there are so many out there that you'll find something you like. What alloys u talkin about? Si 15s? Wheels will make a huge difference to it for sure.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Brick
Welcome to the site. Shes nice and clean. I see ur rockin the auto trans. Same. And as far as wheel options go, there are so many out there that you'll find something you like. What alloys u talkin about? Si 15s? Wheels will make a huge difference to it for sure.
Honestly, whatever I can find at the right price (so more likely standard, what 14s?). It would basically be for aesthetics, so I can't justify too much money towards them at the moment. These ones roll, and therefore they are doing their job

Old 04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

Well if are like that then take off the hub caps. I've seen some people clean up their steelies and even put some satin black paint on them and they look pretty good. So thats an option.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

if i were you I would look into getting the 99-00 hubcaps. IMO they are the best looking compared to the previous years stockers. LOL I love how we are talking about hubcaps I love it haha.

o btw nice clean civic, hope you enjoy the ride cause it will last forever with proper maintance

Old 04-24-2009, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

Hubcaps are where it is at. All the cool (poor) kids are doing them. I like the later years as well, and if I go out and purchase new ones, they will be that style.

Saw http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1136405801.html today. Not sure if bolt pattern and offset is exactly the same, but not too shabby. A little out of what I would want to spend (tuition due in not too long).