New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member, just bought my 98 ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Talking New member, just bought my 98 ex

Hey all, I'm excited to be here! Just earlier today I bought my first car, 1998 Honda Civic EX. I needed something that is going to get me to my 30s, and I've wanted a civic since high school. My old 2000 Xterra died and needs serious engine repairs, so instead of fixing it up I saved for a cash car. It needs some touching up here and there, there's a bit of hail damage (numerous dents but none too deep no cracked paint), some paint chipping along with some clear coat deterioration, and the sun visors and the sunroof shade cover need to be replaced. Seems pretty standard for a car basically 20 years old.

The rest of everything seems great though. Interior otherwise is really clean, car is running great - breaks will need to be replaced soon. Needs an 02 sensor.

I found some visors already, but any advice on replacing the sunroof shade cover? I found some ridiculously expensive parts on eBay ($300) but I'm convinced I shouldn't need to spend more than a bill on that? Any advice on other methods to get it looking better? It's shredded from sun exposure. I'd be down for any type of fix like even a cover for the cover or whatever.

Also any advice on hail damage repair? It's not that bad, the seller told me he had it quoted at $400.

I'll post some pics so yall can see what I'm talking about. Any help at all is greatly appreciated, excited to be a part of the community!

Hope I didn't break any rules with my first post lol

Attached Thumbnails New member, just bought my 98 ex-00h0h_kycgecpwnzp_1200x900.jpg   New member, just bought my 98 ex-00x0x_6pjsdrifdxr_1200x900.jpg