New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbies and wrecked cars. Come say Hi to me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 02:42 AM
HCF Member
Default Newbies and wrecked cars. Come say Hi to me.

Hello everybody, My names Brian, I've owned two civics in the past few years. It all started when my grandfather gave me his 95 civic dx sedan. It was an automatic, but I loved it... dinky engine and all. I put a few cosmetic mods on, exhaust, intake, the basic stuff that looks cool but doesn't really do anything. I totalled it a few weeks ago when some *insert explicit insult* lady hit me from behind while I was stopped at a redlight minding my own businessand pushed me under a truck. She was going about 50 when she hit me... This is the damage...

Before that civic I drove a V6 Toyota Camry, totalled that as well. Went through a redlight going 80 when my cell phone got stuck under my break and I hit another car head on. Here's a picture of it, I know how much people love car wrecks...

Now I just bought myself a 99 Civic EX, and it's a STICK SHIFT. It's not as fast as I want it to be. It's got a SOHC VTEC. I know it doesn't mean much because a SOHC VTEC is about as powerful as a DOHC non-VTEC. I believe it's the D16Z7 or the D16Y8. (I'm new, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm throwing a turbo on it, but I don't plan on spending 3 grand just for a kit. I'm going either ebay special or junkyard style. No more than 1200 for this turbo. Well, that's all for my car introduction, when I do this turbo install i'll put lots of pictures up for everybody. Look around for me, I'll be asking tons of newbie questions.

Oh yeah, this is my new civic...

Old 12-02-2006, 08:37 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbies and wrecked cars. Come say Hi to me.

Welcome! Screw ebay ssautochrome crap.

This is all you need to refer to.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

Thanks a lot man. My friends and I will take a look at this and get started tomorrow on buying parts.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

Glad to see someone who will join and stay to post more than 4 times. Hope you like the site

Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
HCF Member

Well, I already found a lot of usefull **** on here.

I've missed being on forums too since I stopped playing so many online video games.

Count me as a regular.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM

im new too here. i have a 97 civic ex. not done much and not planning to either. had a system in it not a circuit city or best buy one either. one that i did mysely with fiberglass front door pods for oversized 6.5 inch seperates that offered awsome front imaging. i was an installer for circus city then i moved up to installing at custom sounds in austin tx. i stripped it because i was gonna sell it and ended up keeping it. now it needs a new rack and pinion steering and was wondering if any one has installed a new one before? any help i can offer with installing in a civic would be cool for any help with my steering dilema. dont have a new rack yet...too many bills and too close to xmas. but i have to get the broken one out so i dont have to pay a core when i get the new one. everything is a process in life! any help would be awsome! thanks in advance!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

^^^^you should start a new topic for that one^^^^