New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newby Fran here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Newby Fran here!

Yeah there are some that are second gear but I think I hit third and fourth a few times as well...but sometimes i can kinda be stupid... especially when blowing off steam... and it was one of those days. I am trying to improve on my driving skill so I am gonna have to try the mall thing... that is if security doesn't run me off.lol

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Gotcha. Judgin by how close some of those corners are, it doesnt look like you could get up much past 2nd gear. Which is fine by me, I love second gear rampages. I've found mall parking lots (in the wee hours of the night) to be the best for that sort of thing.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:32 PM

All I can say is "Wow." I seriously need to get the K20 thrown in and take a trip out there. Welcome to the board, BTW.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Fran

Yeah there are some that are second gear but I think I hit third and fourth a few times as well...but sometimes i can kinda be stupid... especially when blowing off steam... and it was one of those days. I am trying to improve on my driving skill so I am gonna have to try the mall thing... that is if security doesn't run me off.lol

Gotcha. Judgin by how close some of those corners are, it doesnt look like you could get up much past 2nd gear. Which is fine by me, I love second gear rampages. I've found mall parking lots (in the wee hours of the night) to be the best for that sort of thing.
haha, best to do it laaaaate at night. I want to get a video of the run i like to take through the mall closest to my house, you guys would be shocked at how sweet it is.

So you're telling you you can get over 90 on some parts? Cause thats the only way you're gonna get me outta 3rd gear, I'll wrap that bitch out till the eeeeeeeeeeeend

Old 11-23-2005, 01:52 PM
mxs
HCF Member

So you're telling you you can get over 90 on some parts? Cause thats the only way you're gonna get me outta 3rd gear, I'll wrap that bitch out till the eeeeeeeeeeeend
hahahah!

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!![sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-23-2005, 02:51 PM

Well it was only a few times at high speeds... i forgot about the safty fast for a few........ redread blowing off steam... what can I say.....lol

gotta find someone with a video camera around here... of course the cops are on every reving of the engine these days....

haha, best to do it laaaaate at night. I want to get a video of the run i like to take through the mall closest to my house, you guys would be shocked at how sweet it is.

[/quote]

Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

You have a GREAT looking Civic and you looked like you were really getting into some of the turns. I think when I was there I was more of the "tourist" since the Element does not corner well.....I will be in Knoxville next Tuesday evening and Wednesday, but I will be in the company car (a 2004 Camery)......

Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: trickyvick

You have a GREAT looking Civic and you looked like you were really getting into some of the turns. I think when I was there I was more of the "tourist" since the Element does not corner well.....I will be in Knoxville next Tuesday evening and Wednesday, but I will be in the company car (a 2004 Camery)......
I did indeed get into the turns... pure rush.... Ahh no fun as a tourist....lol... I know u love the Element.... need to get u one like mine though too... it's a blast. So u coming down to K-Town.... if u get bored give me a yell... it be great to meet a fellow HCF'er. Thanks for the compliments on the car....havent' done much to her yet....but soon...

Old 11-23-2005, 06:46 PM

Hey and welcome.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

I did indeed get into the turns... pure rush.... Ahh no fun as a tourist....lol... I know u love the Element.... need to get u one like mine though too... it's a blast. So u coming down to K-Town.... if u get bored give me a yell... it be great to meet a fellow HCF'er. Thanks for the compliments on the car....havent' done much to her yet....but soon...
Well, this is my go-kart......it handles much better than the Element....I am working on a newer / VTEC civic one of these days.......I know what I want (something like what you have) but I am driving the 88 for a while...I got it for a steal.

I will be rolling into "K-town" early evening Tuesday and expect to be bored out of my skull (I hate traveling alone), but not nearly as bored as I will be Wednesday at that meeting...it is scheduled for 9:00am to 4:00 pm (eastern) and then I get to drive 4 hours home!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/AEB055999BEB4193B36B6FFED5AFB9F8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/90D60F9EBF9C4C4A8BD2789EE5D07117.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 PM

Not too bad..... just got rid of my 89 CRX a few months ago.....it was awesome! I'll email you my cell and when you get into town if you feel like doing anything... give me a ring.... i'll take u to dinner or something.... can't really help u on the meeting though....unless you want to switch places with me @ my brokerage firm for the day.... i'm game....lol